New Folder

cchalogamer

Well i got my motherboard from MasterRex862 today (great seller btw)

and after seeing the UPS guy toss it onto the front porch i was hihgly concerned, but it arrived in one piece.

as it is windows says i have 17mins left in the install (funny 5mins ago it said 30....)

anyway the new rig is a 2.6 celeron w/stock HSF from my 2.5, soyo P4VTE mobo (yes soyo, but atleast it's just a folder), 512mb PC2100, 64MB MX-440 AGP, 200w PSU (until i get a cheap 380w with a friend's bestbuy discount) 6.4 GB hitachi HDD ATA 66 i think, 5400rpm and pretty speedy for its age. no case sittign on my bookshelf where it shall live its life. 120mm fan helping move the air and keep it cool.

I know its not much, but i should be running it 24/7, and i may have to use it as my main rig while i setup my WC. mayeb put Desertcombat on the HDD and throw my 6800 in it :lol: should play DC smooth.

I also installed on a 2.4 P4 in a dell the friend didnt promise it would run 24/7 or even over 12hrs a day, but anything will help.

wow i jsut realized, that 120mm fan is pretty dang loud...may have to under volt it to 7v...and overvolt the one going in my system to 24v :lol:

yeah but with a celly and a shatty mobo god only know how he shal punish me :lol: the old 9600pro/OCed 2.5 celly combo ran it pretty smooth maxed though. so yeah it should be ok. running around 43C now and looks like i got the biggest baddest GROMAC that it could find to start with, jsut now finishing the first frame....of course it was a large one on a soso connection so most of that was prob DL time on the 1st frame. looks like serveral mins per frame though....

well here's a pic of it

EDIT: well i didn teven make it overnight b4 i OCed it, up to 2856mhz for now, prob up it soem mroe in the morning or just b4 i go to bed :D

Edited by cchalogamer

hahahaa... that's great! now if i could only find a good stack of barebone servers to rackmount in the basement.....

i need a folding/rendering farm for work :)

That's a sweet GHETTO folding setup you built yourself there CC' (ya' Intel fanboy! :P:lol:)

uuh, cc, ur getting like bigred, getting more and more rigs, folding attict,

Hmmmm... what a curious analogy <_<

:foldon:

EDIT: Hail to ye' godmode117, for thee is aquainted with Iron Maiden! :P

Edited by tazwegion

Well, i had the 2.6 aying around with no board then was presented with a nice cheap skt 478 motherboard, how could i resist :D

now 1.8 celly would help out a little....

650 duron has been fixed where it will post again...gotta set that up

Guest Raven65

your gonna be suckin in a lot of dust without a cover , either that or you burn it out by static.

if a little dust would kill it normal ppl would all have dead PCs. but i do tend to keep such things clean...

btw it got a shelfmate about 1hr ago, my 650 duron :D that'll be folding soon and ill take a family pic.