ATi Video Card FAQ

Nerm

Ok... this is a place that we can kinda orginize many of the commonly asked questions about ATi Video Cards.

Feel free to submit to this thread in a Q&A format... a staff member will edit this message from time to time with the new FAQ. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search The Forums : Asking For Help Guidelines : Overclockers Club Site Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How do I overclock my ATI card?

A: There are many programs that enable you to overclock your ATI video card, the one you should use is really up to you. The popular ones include ATITool and RivaTuner. ATITool works well because it really does the overclocking for you and is safe. It has the ability to find the max core and memory frequency without getting "artifacts". RivaTuner on the other hand has a much broader range of options and settings. Ultimately the decision for which to use is up to your personal preference.

Q: How can I get more performance out of my ATI card in Doom 3?

A: There is a simple tweak to gain performance in Doom 3 with almost any ATI card. You can find out how to apply the tweak here or discuss it in this thread. Basically, it changes a config file in doom 3 to use math by the cpu instead of rendering by the video card. This takes stress off the video card allowing generally higher FPS. Note: This generally does not work well on nvidia cards

Also you may want to try updating to the Catalyst 4.9 BETA drivers, these include some fixes for Doom III.

• 2 years later...
Q: How do I overclock my ATI card?

A: There are many programs that enable you to overclock your ATI video card, the one you should use is really up to you. The popular ones include ATITool and RivaTuner. ATITool works well because it really does the overclocking for you and is safe. It has the ability to find the max core and memory frequency without getting "artifacts". RivaTuner on the other hand has a much broader range of options and settings. Ultimately the decision for which to use is up to your personal preference.

You're still not telling us how. This basically just says "use ati tool" lol Can you explain exactly what to do to manually overclock using it?

Edited by Steven T