Digital Camera, Camcorder, & Web Cam FAQ

Nerm

Ok... this is a place that we can kinda orginize many of the commonly asked questions about Cameras (Web & Digital).

Feel free to submit to this thread in a Q&A format... a staff member will edit this message from time to time with the new FAQ. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search The Forums : Asking For Help Guidelines : Overclockers Club Site Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 years later...

I recently upgraded my old (already) kodak DX 4330 for a Canon S2-IS.

Just wanted to say how good this camera is for the price and if anyone is looking to buy or upgrade i highly recommend this model.

Price vs features it's on top of the list.

Here's one of the many reviews ;)

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/review/53/page_1.html

If anyone has questions not answered in the reviews, fire away i'll try to answer them as good as i can :)

Edit: here's a quick (no tripod) macro pic of.... a led

led.jpg

And the built in zoom :P

CD.jpg

Z5.jpg

post-5263-1157620263_thumb.jpg

Edited by kobalt

• 3 months later...

One good feature to look out for is raw formats. Normally when you take a picture its often too dark or too light(under exposed or over exposed). But with raw format the camera takes similtaneous data for both the light and dark picture. So you virtually never take a bad photo. most slr's have this and some non slrs's eg the kodak p850

I hope someone can condense this thread and also - whats the deal with double posting? we should get that code back to prevent it...lol

Anyhow.

When considering a D-SLR, make sure to take into account the lens-fitting, for example, Canon EOS-D series can use standard EF lenses as well as EF-S. But do remember the multiplier on the camera itself, ie/ the 350D has a 1.6x multiplier due to the positioning of the CCD, thus a 55-200mm lens is in reality, 88mm-320mm :)

I'm a Canon fanboy. I have a DSLR Canon Rebel XT 350D, my wife has a Powershot A75 and and for one of my sons, I bought a S3-IS, but its under the Xmas tree. The rebel is a great camera but in a way its only as good as the lense. I can't wait to see how the S3-IS stacks up against the Rebel XT.