How Do I Setup Raid 0

ne1n

Hi there,

I have 2 120gb maxtor S-ATA's that i really want to raid 0. Im not 100% sure how to do it because I've tried several times and failed. If someone could just explain to me how exactly I go about setting up Raid 0 on my two S-ATA's. I have an Asus p4p800 motherboard if that helps.

Thanks

If its the silicon image controller, you need to get the drivers and setup.txt off of the mobo driver cd. then go into the raid bios, set it up, then install windows. press f6 when it tells you to for third party raid/scsi devices.later on it will ask you to insert the disk with the drivers.

this would be the 4th how do I set up RAID post in like 3 days I think. All good though, if you check out the other threads in this category you will see plenty of explanations my friend.

I'll just copy and paste one.

You will need to pre-set up a floppy with the correct files, including mainly your RAID controller's drivers, this must be pre-loaded before setting up windows, and it must be done on a floppy drive. So, after you have that floppy in and ready to go, boot to the windows CD and keep pushing F6 like you would psuh Del to get into BIOS. You can choose A: drive to find the 3rd party drivers windows wants, select it, and then windows will load them for you and continue installing itself, as a RAID array.

yea sorry guys, i only briefly searched for this topic in the forums because i had to go to work. but i appreciate you all bearing with me. thanks for the great info. ill be raiding 0 tomorrow. ill let you know how it goes!

EDIT:

Ok im having troubles with creating a floppy disk. This is what the readme states:

Create a floppy containing the iaStor.inf, iaStor.sys,

iaStor.cat and TxtSetup.oem files in the root directory.

Well heres my problem, there is only 1 of those files stated in the drivers. I only see iaStor.cat and thats it. I have no idea what to do now.