Stay Away From Scorpion Mods

d3bruts1d

Was just a $20.00 Red LED Vandal Resistant Switches.

So far, I haven't recieved the item, and haven't recieved a reply to any of the emails I've sent regarding the order.

Just looked up the phone numbers for Juan and Brett who run Virtual-Underground / ScorpionMods and tried to call them... 8:00 AM here... makes it like 4:00 or 5:00 AM there in Vegas where they are... to bad neither one of them answered the phone. :angry:

Guess it's time to contact the people that provide the hosting and name servers for Virtual-Underground & ScorpionMods and let them know about the scammers.

Hopefully you will get your money back or some form of payback. Have you called your credit card company?

If you still need to get a switch, frozencpu.com sells them as well here. Just a word of caution, some mobos do no supply enough juice from the power led header on the mobo to power the led inside the switch. If you have a multimeter handy, I would check out how much power is coming out of those headers. The data sheet is located here.

Hopefully you will get your money back or some form of payback. Have you called your credit card company?

If you still need to get a switch, frozencpu.com sells them as well here. Just a word of caution, some mobos do no supply enough juice from the power led header on the mobo to power the led inside the switch. If you have a multimeter handy, I would check out how much power is coming out of those headers. The data sheet is located here.

Money really isn't the issue, I mean.. it was just $20.00. My main concern is this happening to other people, mainly anyone that visits here.

Aside from that, yeah I knew about FrozenCPU... Thanks. Was going to order from them origionally, but ScorpionMods had a better price, or so I thought.

As for the power issue, I had only planned on powering the case LED from the mobo. The LED on the switch will be powed by a molex connector... modded a little, of course. :P

I hope he don't own a gun

I do... but wouldn't do something like that over $20.00. Now, since they are in Vegas, and I'm going to be there in a few weeks..... I might stop by an have an altercation. Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :P

Now, since they are in Vegas, and I'm going to be there in a few weeks..... I might stop by an have an altercation. Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :P

Careful you might end up in the Black Book :lol:

d3 i seem to remember reading something about virtual underground in a recent issue of Maximum PC in the watch dog section and your not the only one whos been had by them if i remember right as i said

Any idea which issue?

"Got a bone to pick with a vendor? Been Spiked by a fly-by-night operation? Sic the Dog on them by writing [email protected] the Dog promises to get to as many letters as possible, but only has four paws to work with"

Hes helped alot of people.. give it a shot d3!

Well, sent a formal letter to ViaWest Internet Services who own the IPs associated with ScorpionMods/Virtual-Underground.

Also, file a formal compaint with BBBonline against ScorpionMods. Complaint ID 1275493.

Guess we'll see how this goes for a few weeks, then if needed, I'll file a formal claims suit against ScorpionMods with the State of Nevada.