So while I am a PC geek, I never really got deep into monitors. Always bought cheap ones. With my new rig I finally decided to get a quality monitor (well that I could afford). Before my question here is my monitor:
So my question(s) are:
1. Does it matter what my refresh rate is at? My old monitor only let me do 60hz, this one goes up to 144hz.
2. What is response time? I have it set to Fast, its normally on Normal.
3. Is Nvidia G-Sync anything useful?
4. It says it has a 1ms response time, do I have to change something to get it to that? Or is that what that is on my second question?
5. Lastly I was told to not use HDMI but instead use a DisplayPort. I had never heard of that before. I'm using it now, is it useful?
Thanks for any answers! I use my PC for mainly gaming if that makes a difference.
Assassin XMember Since 30 Aug 2005
Offline Last Active Oct 08 2017 08:37 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 383
- Profile Views 6036
- Member Title Married Geek
- Age 36 years old
- Birthday October 7, 1981
Being married, gaming, food.
-Phantom 410 (Red case)
-Intel i5 Core 6600k Unlocked (Hyper 212 EVO cooler)
-GeForce GTX 960
-16gb DDR4 memor
-CD/DVD-DL/Bluray Lightsribe writer
-1200 Watt Antec Power Supply.
-x3 1TB HDs (WD's)
-Fatality Sound Card (Sound Blaster)
-Hyper X Headphones
-Dell Gaming S2716DG Monitor
-Tons of fan and ports
-Tons of ports