NF4 DOA or Dead Video

Hey DFI Street,

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are regarding my problem. I just recieved a Lan Party NF4 Ultra-d Motherboard today from newegg. Assembled it all together and fired it up.

Everything detected properly so i started to install a fresh OS. Upon trying to install windows, i got a BSOD stating a hardware IRQ problem. So, first up, i removed 1 stick of memory and left just dimm 2 with memory. rebooted and got another blue screen.

Being baffled but the possible issue, i removed the new memory i purchased and put in some memory that i know is good. same problem happend. I then removed this memory and put my new memory back in and booted.

Now, all that happens is the system hangs at the DFI logo. I don't have an option to do anything else beyond this. The other thing is that looking at the status LED's, it hangs on VGA detection.

I've reseated, unplugged the video, cpu, etc..... Could it be that my new DFI board just failed or my video card died?

I don't have another pci x system to try the video so i'm kinda stuck.

Thoughts?

Jon

can't really help ya without this:

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Nvidia NF4 Ultra-D

AMD 939

corsair pc3200 xms 512

Nvidia 6800 GT PCI x

Antec 430watt PS

The problem is that it was booting up to windows and getting a blue screen. Now, it hangs at the DFI logo and doesn't even get to the DMI area. Looking at the status LED, it's stuck on VGA detection.

I've also tried a different brand memory which results with the same stuck logo problem.

Jon

venice core processor

That's the thing now. Technically, i can't get into the bios anymore. Even with the delete key. Status LED is stuck on VGA and won't continue further. (I was able to get into the bios for about the 1st 5 minutes of it's new life)

The fact that this whole process i've talked about took less then 10 minutes (getting into the bios, getting a windows BSOD, rebooting a couple times) makes me think that my video card has gone south. Espically now that the status LED's don't clear and is stuck on VGA.

I've put together numerous systems. This is my first troubled one.

yeah, i turned the machine off, moved the cmos jumper, powered the machine up, moved the cmos jumper back.... no luck.

I'm going to the local store tonight to buy another video card to make sure it's not the MB.

Jon

The search for this motherboards life is over. I went to Frys last night and purchased a new video card..... same problem as above.

I believe my MB did not survive "burn in" as it only lasted about 5 minutes. RMA time.

Merc