King of Nothing

Skip04

txmale36

BlackDragon24

cronocrash

Hazen

==================================

Dear players,

Everyone needs to post here and let me know what times you can bowl. Our first match will be Wednesday, May 4th unless there's scheduling conflict.

Here are the rules of the DFI-Street Bowling League:

1. Matches must have at minimum 2 players. This is mainly to minimize cheating. (not that anyone would cheat...but you know...). Matches should have 4 slots filled but only 2 are necessary.

2. Matches will be a total of 3 games per match (ie a 3-game series).

3. Screenshots from EACH player must be taken after EACH game. No exceptions. If you fail to provide a screenshot, you will not get credit for the game, and your average will drop.

If you do not know how to take a screenshot, just ask, as most of us do.

Screenshots posted in this thread should be resized to fit within limits (you only need the shot of the alley and scores, not the entire webpage). If you do not have a host, just zip up your screenshots (bmp's zip up VERY nicely) and email them to me (link in my sig) and I will post them for you.

4. Dropped players - Candystand is not the most stable game. Players have been known to get dropped from games. If this happens, you will have to make up your game with me (Angry_Games) to verify the made-up game. This ensures that if you are having a bad game, you cannot drop out and get a 'do-over'. If you do drop from a game for this reason, you better hope your make-up game is your best when you play it with me lol.

In the event of only 2 players playing, and a player drops, the player left can still finish his game (it is recommended that you play with me or momma so there can be no question of tomfoolery!). I will check the screenshots closely for any signs of tampering also.

I trust all of us, but I must also make sure because of the nature of the prizes given out ;)

5 After each game, take your screenshot before beginning next game, and use MS Paint or Photoshop etc to paste the screenshot, save it with the game # (ie wed_bowl-game2.bmp *or .jpg*), then begin a new game with the same group of players.

After the 3rd game, post the screenshots in this thread, or email them to me to post for you.

6 I will keep a running tab of your scores, averages, highs and lows etc (ill build a webpage for it so everyone can see how geeky we are!). At the end of the final league game, I will tally up and announce 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners.

7 Prizes will be shipped by me to anyone in USA and Canada at no cost. If you live in Canada, any tariffs/taxes/duties etc will be paid by YOU.

If you live outside of the USA, shipping costs are YOUR responsibility (as are taxes, tariffs, duties etc).

Period.

League Schedule:

Since the games take only about 5 minutes each to play, there should be no reason to not get in quite a few games. For this first League run, I am thinking a minimum of 30 games over a month's time (thats 10 days @ 3 games per day). This is good chance to let everyone get acquainted with the game and to let everyone get some skill lol.

Since all of us are either students or workers, schedules will not really be hard-set, but we all need to come up with days that we can get some games in. We should try also to get as many of us to play in a day as possible. I won't set a hard schedule because of our different personal schedules, but if you can each post what times and days are good for you, we can all agree on set times (which we will post each week as each week can be very different for us) and get them done.

I'm pretty flexible, so if you have ideas/suggestions, just let me know and we'll all agree on them ;)

Other stuff:

Most of us use MSN messneger. You can all PM each other to get MSN info exchanged, and mine is in the other bowling thread (zendiesel at hotmail dot com for anyone too lazy to look lol...I don't suggest posting email addresses in open forum because of spambots unless you do it like i did).

We also use Skype (sticky at the top of this forum) to use voice chat. I prefer it, but not 100% necessary...but MSN or Skype needs to be used (we need to all agree on one or other during a match).

I might think of some other stuff between now and Wednesday, but after the first match starts, the rules and such will not change...so if you have suggestions or ideas, get them to me before the first game!

now...the stuff you really want to know lol!

Prizes!:

1st Prize = DFI K8M800-MLVF Motherboard (MicroATX, perfect for a 'fragbox') Athlon64 motherboard.

This board is brand new, never been opened. I somehow ended up with an extra one, and have no use for it other than to give it away to make you love DFI even more. I have one of these in an Antec Aria 'shoebox' case and it makes a PERFECT home HTPC server, and it also makes a great box to carry to a LANPARTY. You can Google the exact specs or hit the DFI.com.tw website to find out more about it.

2nd Prize = Coolermaster Aerogate 1 5.25" bay Fan Controller + PC Toys single 12" green CCFL light + 2x Coolermaster 80mm LED (green) case fans

its just what it says. Silver fan controller (3 diff color lighting) plus a 12" CCFL green light + 2x Coolermaster green LED 80mm fans...not much more I can say about it. You can google for more detail I guess.

3rd Prize = OCZ T-shirt (Large)

the OCZ tshirt is cool...pic in the other bowling thread if you want to see it!

PS: keep in mind that neither momma nor I can win any prizes (since we already own them!) so that means that of you 9 other players, 3 are going to win something!

now that should be more than enough incentive to get you all bowling eh?

If bowling is successful, we will of course do it again. I cannot guarantee that League #2's prizes will be so good...but I have ways of coming up with some killer items (wait until you see the DFI-Street Anniversary prizes booyah!)

Post any comments here!

=====================

Current League Scores Webpage:

http://www.angrygames.com/bowling.htm

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Buckstitch

9:10 PM TO 11:30 PM Pacific timezone.

Edit:Maybe 6:30 PM TO 8:00 PM

Weekends 10 PM TO 2:00 AM

I will have to set up a MSN account for now

Ok buckstitch_32 at hotmail dot com I'v never used a messenger before.