OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Bizzare memory issue...

When running dual channel my 3200 EL Rev.2 (no part number here, sorry Im at work) Im getting errors in the 8th test of mem86+ v1.51. This is even at stock... When running single channel Im up to 280 (3-3-3-6) and passing on both sticks. I was sick two days this week (as in feber and not wanting to go to work and spread the happiness) so I fiddled with my computer, and I basically cant get anything over 200 stable on DC... (RGones settings with more versions then I care to remember) My money is on the memory controler but have U ever seen anything like it? Also is there some remedies that could work that U know of. Singlem channel the CPU Rox (11*275 stable [afaik] and 11*280 Battlefield 1942-stable) so it would hurt to have to replace it with a 0504..

Running 2/18 now had issues w. 2/01 and 1/25. A_G just suggested that Id go to the 3/10 so I'll try that but I dont think it will solve this.

Cheers

Hi, go ahead and try the 310 BIOS. I have had good luck with it. Start with all DRAM Section settings at auto except for the memory timings at 2.5-4-6-3 as shown in BIOS. Use 1.3v LDT, 1.7v Chipset and 1.30v VID and 123% Special VID. This should give you 1.55v on the CPU. Adjust up from there if you need.

If this gets you all happy, you are there. If not start try using some of the posted settings as a reference, but realize no 2 boards or CPU really are the same. Play with timings, especially Tref. Try Tref at 2560 and 3072.

Could you let me know what board revision you have. Look on the bottom side of the notto PCI slot. It wil be something like R.A02 or R.AA0.

Thanks

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first post has been updated to tell you where to find the revision on the NF4 boards. Please post this along with your issues, or update me and I will find your post.

Bear with me as I try and put together some ideas about board revisions and memory.

Thanks

Believe it or not, AMD says that the A64 939 does not support 4 double sided dimms (and they are right). You will have to downclock to DDR333 speeds (or slightly more) to be stable. Running 2 x 1gb sticks will run at 200mhz, but not much more.

:sad:

Thanx for replying ANDY..........much appreciated...................Thanks to you as well Viper for also replying. ;)

Now where did I put my VENICE chip at? :)

LDT Ratio = Auto

LDT Volts = 1.30 to 1.40 - Try lower or even default first

Chipset Volts = 1.70 to 1.80 - Try lower first or even default first

Vdimm Volts = 2.90 to 3.00 - Winchester's are not thrilled with Vdimm above 2.90 typically!

Memory Settings Page from top down

Enable

7 (or 8)

17 - may be reduced to 14 with most TCCD sticks

3 - may be reduced to 2 with most TCCD sticks

Enable

All the rest at Default/Auto EXCEPT for Dram Drive Strenght which needs to be set to 8.

The tip on the Dram Drive Strenght was the obscure post from Oscar Wu I was refering to

which I have tried in vain to find again. It is the difference between being stuck at 240-250

and being able to so 290-300+ with TCCD sticks in most cases.

Happy 290 - 300+ Mhz

Viper

Dear everyone,

I've used the setting that Viper gave and can only rock stable @ 245Mhz..

Corsair XMS3200XLPT v1.2 512MBx2 (TCCD Chips, BrainPower PCB I Think)

Command Per Clock Enabled

Tried relaxing some of the timings and no luck

VCore 1.5v

LDT 1.4v

Chipset 1.8v

VDIMM 2.9v

2/18 BIOS, tried 03/10 but no luck tho...

Can somebody help me reach 270MHz++?

I had this memory on my DFI NF3 and i could do 270MHz

Thanks in advance..

because all the knowledgeable people are in this thread :)

How can i tweek my OCZ Rev2 el plats from 2.5 4 3 7 to 2.5 3 3 7 ? Or any other room for tweaking ?

running 9x289 2.9V right now (two sticks in DC, 1:1)

CPU (a64 3500) is maxed out at 2601 !! Have to stay there or go lower w/ CPU

bios screens provided...a64tweaker settings are not enough since i am missing critical settings in bios which a64tweaker doesnt show. Where can i tweak more there ?

http://home.comcast.net/~gwrauh1/bios.jpg

Dear everyone,

I've used the setting that Viper gave and can only rock stable @ 245Mhz..

Corsair XMS3200XLPT v1.2 512MBx2 (TCCD Chips, BrainPower PCB I Think)

Command Per Clock Enabled

Tried relaxing some of the timings and no luck

VCore 1.5v

LDT 1.4v

Chipset 1.8v

VDIMM 2.9v

2/18 BIOS, tried 03/10 but no luck tho...

Can somebody help me reach 270MHz++?

I had this memory on my DFI NF3 and i could do 270MHz

Thanks in advance..

you need to post in the Overclocking section. THis thread is for Andy from OCZ to help OCZ users get their OCZ memory working correctly.

Hi, I've got:

DFI N4 SLi-D rev A.02 board

3200 winchester

Enermax 600W SLi

Gskill LE 4400 1gb

Evga 6800GT PCI-E

Recently tested this system with a friends Adata PC3200 which worked fine, not a single problem. I have just recieved my GSkill LE 4400, put one of the 512mb sticks into the top orange slot and booted up fine. After restart, I get no signal from the monitor at all. Cleared CMOS and tried again, this time it boots and says:

"Verifying DMI Pool Data...

Error loading Operating system"

Restart, and nothing on the monitor. I have also tried booting from the floppy with the new bios, it installs fine, but after a reboot no signal. For some reason it seems to boot up fine after I'm moved the CMOS jumpers, but if I reboot with them in the same position it just does nothing. The thing that really gets me is it worked fine with the Adata, and initially worked fine with the GSkill LE.

because all the knowledgeable people are in this thread :)

How can i tweek my OCZ Rev2 el plats from 2.5 4 3 7 to 2.5 3 3 7 ? Or any other room for tweaking ?

running 9x289 2.9V right now (two sticks in DC, 1:1)

CPU (a64 3500) is maxed out at 2601 !! Have to stay there or go lower w/ CPU

bios screens provided...a64tweaker settings are not enough since i am missing critical settings in bios which a64tweaker doesnt show. Where can i tweak more there ?

http://home.comcast.net/~gwrauh1/bios.jpg

I woud experiment with running at 260htt * 10 multi with the memry 1:1. Use 2.5-3-3 timings and see if you can tighten up other timnings in the BIOS and remain stable. Check you bandwidth in memtest and Windows and compare the two. you just might be surprised.

The 2.5-4-3 timings you have are requred at your speeds, I have tried tighter and she no worky. :)

Suscribed.... i go @ 280 2,5-3-3-5 2.7V, more than 280 i need to raise to 2,5-4-3-7 getting 300 at 2,5-4-4-7 2.9V so 300x9 its enough for me :D

I will try some settings i've seen here from viper.

Hi, I've got:

DFI N4 SLi-D rev A.02 board

3200 winchester

Enermax 600W SLi

Gskill LE 4400 1gb

Evga 6800GT PCI-E

Recently tested this system with a friends Adata PC3200 which worked fine, not a single problem. I have just recieved my GSkill LE 4400, put one of the 512mb sticks into the top orange slot and booted up fine. After restart, I get no signal from the monitor at all. Cleared CMOS and tried again, this time it boots and says:

"Verifying DMI Pool Data...

Error loading Operating system"

Restart, and nothing on the monitor. I have also tried booting from the floppy with the new bios, it installs fine, but after a reboot no signal. For some reason it seems to boot up fine after I'm moved the CMOS jumpers, but if I reboot with them in the same position it just does nothing. The thing that really gets me is it worked fine with the Adata, and initially worked fine with the GSkill LE.

you do not have OCZ memory. Please start a thread asking for help. This thread is to help OCZ users get past their initial problems with their OCZ memory.

I dont mean it to sound rude, but AndyOCZ works ofr OCZ and does not work for Kingston, Gskill, etc. I am trying to get reps from other places to come and help out like OCZ does (Buffalo Technologies is another that is good about helping users here with Buffalo memory).

It isn't Andy's job to support non-OCZ memory. He has enough to do as it is with his own forums and tech support etc.

you do not have OCZ memory. Please start a thread asking for help. This thread is to help OCZ users get past their initial problems with their OCZ memory.

I dont mean it to sound rude, but AndyOCZ works ofr OCZ and does not work for Kingston, Gskill, etc. I am trying to get reps from other places to come and help out like OCZ does (Buffalo Technologies is another that is good about helping users here with Buffalo memory).

It isn't Andy's job to support non-OCZ memory. He has enough to do as it is with his own forums and tech support etc.

Well, I try to help everyone I can, but Superman I ain't. I have not nor will I ever have Gskill (at least for the forseeable future) so I wouldn't know what to say that isn't already posted up here in stickies or otherwise.

We at OCZ view you all as future customers. :)