Watercooling Information & Suggestions

hi all new here, happy new year to all. i want to watercool my system so i have been looking around what u guys n gals think of alphacools nexXxoS xt45 120and 360, also xspc's raystorm cpu and gpu blocks. thanx in advance for any advice

The Alphacools NexXxos XT line is excellent. I have one each XT 45mm x 360mm, XT45mm x 240, and XT45mm 120mm . Besides being all Cu, they have access on all three sides of the tank for more options.

As far as CPU blocks, two I didn't see on the list and I have no idea why are the Koolance 370&380. both are fantastic performers. A few reviews on those. I have the 370 in my system for e few more weeks before changing to the 380 if you have any questions.

http://skinneelabs.com/koolance-cpu-370-block-review/10/

http://www.xtremerigs.net/reviews/water-cooling/2012-cpu-water-block-roundup/

thanx, i am thinking ov this loop- resevoir-pump 360rad-cpu-120rad-gpu-gpu-res, would this be ok?? or do i need a bigger rad instead  ov the 120.

That arrangement is fine. As far as if you need more than a 360 & 120, that is entirely up to you. A 360 & 120 will give you plenty of cooling for the CPU heavily OC'd and then some. As far as how it performs, you need to consider your pump(s), and what fans to use. I recommend fans that are at least  2.0 mmH2O or better, and weather you are going to push,pull, or both.

would cm sickleflows in push/pull be good just googled them and i see they get 2.94mm/h20. i am ocing the gpus too. my mobo has turbov evo which auto clocks the cpu for demand and max's at 4.2mhz. 

(all run by a d5 pump)

Edited by mengov

would cm sickleflows in push/pull be good just googled them and i see they get 2.94mm/h20. i am ocing the gpus too. my mobo has turbov evo which auto clocks the cpu for demand and max's at 4.2mhz. 

(all run by a d5 pump)

Yup, all good.

The SF's  have good static pressure. The only concern is that they use sleeve bearings. I use these

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2965&product_name=Excalibur%20(R4-EXBB-20PK-R0)

3.53 mmH2O They really pull a lot of air through a rad and rated at twice the life expectancy.

• 1 month later...

I thought about getting H100i or wait for the new Swiftech model they designed. ?? It looks cool http://www.swiftech.com/ there is a video you can watch. The swiftech will be released End of Feburary! Cost $139.99

Windows 7 Ultimate
i7 930 2.8 GHZ (D0) @ 3.8 GHZ
XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk
Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 4x2GB xmp 7-7-7-24-2n v1.5-1.3 1333
@ 8-8-8-24-2n v1.6-1.3 1600
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200
PNY gtx 460 enthusiast edition
Monitor ASUS VH236H 23"

Edited by PanskiKow

• 6 months later...

I would like to ask something very simple.

I Have a thermaltake v9 black edition which have 2x120mm and 2x230mm. The big ones are hard to obtain, I'd say impossible I have to ship from another country which is very expensive.. around 6 times more the price of a 120mm fan.

I have considered obtaining a water cooling unit which will be maybe 12 times the price of a 120mm fan but now the question is. If I get a water cooling kit it will only be for the microprocessor. What about the rest of the system (the whole components inside the case and the GPU). I know GPU has its own cooler but if the case has no cooling it will be a problem?

I wanna get rid of SO many fans. I really hate fans, I would like we could have a better solution in year 2013. They are noisy (all of them), they get dusty, need cleaning, break kinda easy.. I end up annoyed by the thing.

I'll appreciate the answers =)

Edit: NVM I read the OP post and he said "if no overclocking you won't get much gain". I basically want a few coolers and no-dust. I really hate dust!

Edited by Fragsman

There won't be much gain at stock clocks and idle temperatures, but once you load the cpu a good water cooling setup can produce lower temps under load than a high end air cooler.  However, no matter how you slice it up a decent water cooling system is going to cost you more than a fan and even more than a whole air cpu cooler.

But water cooling continues to become more mainstream and there are plenty of self contained units out there now that offer good cooling capacity at a fair price.

I've sent a PM to Rado and hinted that it might be time to update his introduction into the topic of water cooling   :)

• 2 weeks later...

For raidators I go with the black ice gtx extremes you will have plenty of cooling with those the 120 model is rated 450 watts the 240 is 1200 I'm not sure of 360 off the top of my head. As for fans I would go with Noise blockers http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8409/fan-526/Noiseblocker_NB-BlackSilentFan_XLP_120mm_x_25mm_Ultra_Quiet_PWM_Fan_-_1000-2000_RPM_-_14-31_dBA.html?tl=g36c15s60 if your loking for something a little quieter the noise blocker pro 1400 rom if rmeber right will give you just under 2000 static pressure at 20db. You didnt ask but for pumps I would go with 2 MCP655's by switftech.