Bye Bye Creative

x keo21

You could probably try the ones talked about in the linked thread. They're available on torrent sites. I just got it off The Pirate Bay, gonna try them out a little bit later.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be putting together a new build later this month, and I've been browsing various e-tailors for Creative soundcards and have been amazed at the utter lack of good cards compared to when I got my Audigy2. And after reading about the terrible Vista driver support and this latest in douchebaggery, I really think I should steer clear of Creative. Either that, or I should yank the Audigy2 card from my HTPC and use daniel_k's drivers while buying a more HTPC-friendly card for my HTPC.

I've been hearing great things about Azuntech. They are essentially Creative cards, but they are supposed to be better than regualr X-Fi's. The Prelude, that is.

You guys should really experience external DAC's. I'm pumping a Twisted Pear Audio Opus DAC with digital out from my Platinum, and I must say, it is leagues above.

Two of my computers have an Audigy 2 ZS, one has the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (needed the optical output), and I have a Creative Vision (full 30 gig version... ) brick... and a 5 year old 40 gig Zen Xtra... brick - all have served me well. Then my PIII server is still running a Creative Sound blaster 512 from the Pentium II days.

The software/drivers aren't the greatest, but it isn't the worst thing in the universe abomination like everyone says they are... I vote ID10T error for half the people jumping on the "I hate creative" bandwagon.