Cooler Master Cpu Cooler Tested

Nemo

• 2 weeks later...

A very good review, I especially liked the charts I am a graphics oriented person.

Now I'm almost afraid to look, but I bet there is one these somewhere on my Zalman 9700 LED I bought at the recommendation of a friend.

Thanks Justin for a very good review I had actually been considering one of these for my GF's newbuld, but now will look for a better cooler.

• 4 weeks later...

"Cons:

* Size

* Does not cool like performance heatsinks"

Regarding the "CONS" I've read, I have reasons to believe that removing the transparent plastic and fitting the fan with something else around the Al fins might increase the cooling performance with at least 2 degrees Celsius in full load. I know it is not much, but in my testings the difference was around 2 C in OCCT. Anyway, also the noise seems to "cool down" a bit, probably with only 1 dB.

It wil be better if someone else would try some tests without the plastic case around the fins, but with the fan on. After all, on ventilated cases the surrounding CPU components might survive very well without this additional cooling procedure made by Cooler Master...:)

Regards,

Dex.

P.S.: Initially, the temperature is decreasing a bit because the plastic parts are stopping the air flow on the small laterals sides of the fins.

Edited by dex