Hottest Nvidia Video Card Tested!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, nice review...but I just don't see the benefits outweighing the price premium over either the SLI setup or the 3870X2, maybe its just me but thats a hefty price for that card. And not sure if I missed it, but what kind of temps does this beast pump out or what is the power consumption?

Hmm, nice review...but I just don't see the benefits outweighing the price premium over either the SLI setup or the 3870X2, maybe its just me but thats a hefty price for that card. And not sure if I missed it, but what kind of temps does this beast pump out or what is the power consumption?

55c is the temp. and power consumtion is pritty much more than 8800gts sli.

Nice review, but damn heavy on pocket:)

Edited by get_saif

I have to agree with you two there, for that price premium I would get a HD3870X2 and call it a day. What I thought was interesting though, was the fact that the performance was extremely continuous, meaning that it didn't loose that many FPS as the resolution increased.

I have to agree with you two there, for that price premium I would get a HD3870X2 and call it a day. What I thought was interesting though, was the fact that the performance was extremely continuous, meaning that it didn't loose that many FPS as the resolution increased.

Until nvidia gets their act together and develops a true dual gpu solution their price:performance will never match that of ati. Dual PCBs, besides seeming archaic these days, is a very expensive way to make dual cards, and will make aftermarket cooling a total PITA. I am sure it is also costing them some overclocking headroom as opposed to having the two cores on a single PCB. It doesnt really deserve a new gen name IMO - its performance on par with a slightly OC'd 8800GTS core for core. 8800GX2 would have been a better name...

I doubt many will pay an extra 200 bucks for a card with basically the same performance in games and less benchmarking potential...

I disagree with it coming out on top - the 3870x2 is still the flagship card to have IMO.

Dual PCBs, besides seeming archaic these days, is a very expensive way to make dual cards, and will make aftermarket cooling a total PITA.

As I already said in the CeBit coverage, Innovatek already has a block for the GX2 :)

As I already said in the CeBit coverage, Innovatek already has a block for the GX2 :)

Yep, and I have already seen and read about it.

That makes...one! XD No matter what blocks and coolers for that card will be both harder to find and more expensive.

Yep, and I have already seen and read about it.

That makes...one! XD No matter what blocks and coolers for that card will be both harder to find and more expensive.

In all fairness though, it does seem to take a while for after-market coolers to become available on new hardware for a while.

I remember my X1950XT took a while to produce some decent dedicated passive coolers.

Also in the review, would it be possible to amend the charts in future to show the direct competitor overclock too? It's good seeing how well it clocks, but it'd be even better if we could see what the competing card clocked to as well, for a potentially more rounded view? Just a thought - I guess it's not much work, seeing as we'll have the reviews kicking around somewhere!

Until nvidia gets their act together and develops a true dual gpu solution their price:performance will never match that of ati. Dual PCBs, besides seeming archaic these days, is a very expensive way to make dual cards, and will make aftermarket cooling a total PITA. I am sure it is also costing them some overclocking headroom as opposed to having the two cores on a single PCB. It doesnt really deserve a new gen name IMO - its performance on par with a slightly OC'd 8800GTS core for core. 8800GX2 would have been a better name...

I doubt many will pay an extra 200 bucks for a card with basically the same performance in games and less benchmarking potential...

I disagree with it coming out on top - the 3870x2 is still the flagship card to have IMO.

:withstupid:

I think I will stick with the GT's or the G92's until their is a price drop. On the other hand performance may get better with a better driver time will tell.