I Dont Know Which Way To Turn

nightsider

i need some advice me and my Mrs are living in a 2bed apartment with another couple and another person.

and me and my Mrs are fed up with the conditions we are living in, Ive complained to the other flatmates and nothing is done about it.

so after some discussion with my Mrs we have decided to move out but this is where my problem starts, we need to be close to the city center of Preston and i have no idea of any housing associations that let near the center.

another option is to go private rent a flat since i cant get a mortgage since i have a bad credit rating and i have only just been able to secure a full time job working for a medium sized company called CEX after been a student for 2 year's.

so I'm asking you all at occ if you could give me some advice on what to do.

thank you for your time to read my post and your input is always appreciated.

Suck it up and realize that life sucks, and stay there untill you work your credit score back up or get your family to cosign for you.

Helpful.

In all seriousness, have your family disowned you both? How old are you?

im 18 19 in 5 days and my girlfriend is 18, me and my family had big issues 5 months ago which lead me to move in with my girfriend,

my folks wont take us in ive asked them already

Well I don't know what your issues were, but I did something similar when I was 17. I apologised, realised I had made mistakes and put them behind me asap. Got my A-Levels, degree and a bloody good job. It's never too late - you only get one family.

You say your folks won't take "us" in ... what about you alone?

lets see moved out at the age of 18 was homeless for about 3 months had to sleep in my car it sucked. moved in with my friend he lost his job had to kick him out of the house. I know live with my girlfriend and im 21 now Its been really hard sometimes but now im doing better then any of my friends. I would just hold on were your at and wait it out. also can you afford to really live on your own i mean pay all the bills. also is there anyway you could get rid of the other people living there. life sucks but dont give up i stayed in there and i know live in a 2bedroom apar. and have nicer things then any of my friends do and i started out with nothing lol.

Hmm what makes you think that you'll find a home/apartment with bad credit and you know with the economy being messed up?? Stay in that apartment work things out with your girlfriend and the people you're living with. Unless you can find a apartment/home you can get and a job or if you stay at the job you are working at. How is your credit score so bad? (Not to ask personal questions answer if you want)

You'll have to stay at that job or get a better one and you'll have to stay at where you live until you can find a place or wait till the economy gets better. You have a degree that can get you a better job?

preston md? if so i probally know you :P anyway only help i could tell u is go to ss and aply for sec 8 housing it coulod really help ya in getting a place around here.

Hmm what makes you think that you'll find a home/apartment with bad credit and you know with the economy being messed up?? Stay in that apartment work things out with your girlfriend and the people you're living with. Unless you can find a apartment/home you can get and a job or if you stay at the job you are working at. How is your credit score so bad? (Not to ask personal questions answer if you want)

You'll have to stay at that job or get a better one and you'll have to stay at where you live until you can find a place or wait till the economy gets better. You have a degree that can get you a better job?

i had a phone contract and a cupple of other things on hire purchase listend to my dads advice when i got into financial dificultys and doing it his way set me back 3grand more :(

preston md? if so i probally know you :P anyway only help i could tell u is go to ss and aply for sec 8 housing it coulod really help ya in getting a place around here.

its preston in lancashire, United Kingdome sorry i wasnt to clear about that

if you have a full time job, you can rent a flat... go with a private landlord, avoid estate agents that will charge you for being a day late with rent, and also take the piss with not mending stuff in the house (Opal Estates especially)

the worst thing is council tax, but you can get a 25% discount by being the sole tenant of the house, so make sure your name is on everything for bills, utilities, rent, etc, and make sure your girlfriend doesn't have any major bills there, not house phone, but maybe she could get a mobile phone bill there, but even then try and get an online bill...

you might be able to get something towards your rent if you are on a low wage too

getting a one bed flat/house just outside of town, on a major bus route, is a definite win.. you save a packet on rent and can still get to/from town easy

get gas central heating, not gas fires, not electric heaters, gas central is the cheapest and most economical... heating with electricity can give you a nasty bill...

hmmm, that's all I can think of... look in newsagents windows, online student housing places, and newspapers for landlord contacts, phone around, get some viewings, have a checklist of stuff you want the flat/house to have and not have, see as many places as you can so you can have a lot to choose from, some places you will see will be horrible and other places really nice but a bit too expensive...

I've lived away from home since I was 18 and lived in rented accomodation most of the years til now (I'm 28) and a few times I had my own flat with a bird...

United Kingdome

I sooooo want to live in a dome!

Anyway, it's a good idea to go to uni or something - if you're an independant student and have someone you relies on you financially you let loads of help and non-repayable grants. They'll also sort you out with a place to live.