While this may seem to be a lot of rules to some people, some of the rules are simply restated for clarification or emphasis. This page contains the rules for the Forum, IRC Channel, and the rest of the site. The rules are here to help keep OverclockersClub a friendly and professional site. A site where anyone of any race, age, nationality, or . can come and learn. The rules are pretty simple and we ask that you follow them. Otherwise, you will lose your ability to use certain features of the site or possibly find yourself completely banned from OverclockersClub.com.
Last Updated: March 20, 2011
Section I. - Forum Rules1. Please keep your contributions relevant. The OverclockersClub forums are for people who have an interest in PC Hardware, Software, Gaming, and other technology. Thus, computer related topics will get the best response. - Please note, this does not limit the site to only Computer related topics. However, non-computer related topics shall be moderated more heavily than computer related topics.
2. Members are expected to conduct themselves in a civilized manner. That means showing courtesy and respect to ALL members, moderators, administrators, staff, and guests. No cursing (Swearing) or avoiding the swear filter by using numbers and other characters rather than letters in swear words. Absolutely no personal attacks, bashes, flames, or bigotry comments. Racist, sexist or anti-religious remarks of any kind are absolutely forbidden. Comments against other groups based upon sexual orientation, age, class, IQ, ethnicity, political preference, nationality or similar features are also strictly forbidden. This also includes direct bashing to the website and its members, staff and anything else related to Occ. There will be no outside links to anything in the above section period. - Not only is it a rule here, it should be a way of life.
3. New as well as older members should be treated with respect (See Rule #2) If they ask a question that has been answered a thousand times before, simply refer them to the proper thread that answers their question. -- Do not yell at the member to use the search button, this is very disrespectful and can give the site an unwanted reputation. -- Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question if you don't know the answer to it.
If you are new here, please use the Search feature to see if you can find the answer to your question and also read the Asking For Help Guidelines before posting.
4. Do not post any personal information (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, or any other information considered private). This is for your protection, and the protection of others. - If you are trading information as the result of a purchase, please use Private Messages, Email, Instant Messaging, or another form of communication.
5. Each individual is allowed to have only one account. Duplicate accounts will be deleted. All accounts require a valid email address. - Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, and other free email addresses will not be accepted. - Email verification is required before you can create an account. - For privacy reasons, the forums are set up to allow you to hide your email address from other members.
6. Absolutely NO piracy/warez links, requests, discussions, or suggestions. Don't even hint around about it. This includes cracks, serial numbers, download links, etc. The same goes for pornographic material, drugs, or any other illegal activities. - OverclockersClub will not be held responsible for your actions.
7. Do not post messages that violate Federal, State, or Local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or is bound by a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). - See Rule #6.
8. Post to the forum that is most appropriate for the topic. We realize that sometimes a question can cross multiple topics and it isn't exactly clear where it would be best to post. Before asking for help, please look at the Asking For Help Guidelines. - When replying to a topic, make sure that your reply is relevant to the original message (i.e. Stay on topic).
9. If asking for help, it is extremely useful to those of us here if you include error messages, operating system, system specifications, and other information. - This is also stated in the Asking For Help Guidelines.
10. Do not start threads if:- You are simply responding to another thread that has been locked/deleted by a staff member.
- You are asking why a previous thread was locked/deleted by a staff member.
- You solely want to complain about the behavior of forum participants or content. In doing so, you are only creating another pointless thread.
- You have already posted the same question/comment in another forum. Do not Double Post!
- You want to send a message to a single member... Use a Private Message instead!
- You just want to price check your system or individual items. (ie. How much could I get for this?)
- You are advertising for a business, another tech-related site, forum, Folding/[email protected] Team. - If you want to advertise, please see the OverclockersClub Advertisement Information.
11. Do not post just to bump your thread. Odds are it will get your thread deleted and your account suspended. - This includes posting the same message again, in the same or a different forum, or posting just because the old thread is no longer on page one. - See rule #10.
12. Do not dig up old threads! If you want to continue a discussion from an old thread (older than 2-3 months), create a new thread and reference the old one in your opening post if necessary. There is very little reason to dig up an old thread.
13. No Spamming and/or flooding. This will result in immediate suspension of your account.
14. Posts should be in English only. Non-English posts will be removed. If a message is unreadable due to spelling and / or grammar, it may be removed. We don't ask you to be a 'Spelling Bee' champion, or an English Major, only that you post messages that are legible.
15. Each member is 100% legally liable for the contents of their posts, not the owners or staff of this site. If someone has a problem with a post and it does not violate any of the official rules of this forum, then you must take it up with the author of the post directly.
16. No YELLING. For those that don't know, this is posting in all caps. It's rude and annoying, and if you do it, your post will be removed. - Posting in an extremely large font may also result in your message being edited and/or removed.
17. No advertising, buying, selling, or trading anywhere with the exception of the OCC Marketplace. - Guidelines for buying/selling. - If you want to advertise for your company, business, or website please see the OverclockersClub Advertisement Area.
18. NO Affiliate programs, pyramid schemes, get paid to surf, get paid to read mail, get paid (insert any word here) programs!
19.There is to be no solicitation (commercial promotion) in your posts, avatar, signature, private messages to other OCC Members, or profile of third-party websites. This includes links and pictures. Exceptions are benchmark scores and Xfire profile.
[/list]Section II. - Forum Signature Rules
- 1. You can use an image in your signature, this includes the XFire miniprofile. [email protected] Images are a special reward for members of the OCC [email protected] Team, and can be used as soon as you are added to the OCC [email protected] Team.
2. Signature cannot contain more than 600 bytes of space maximum (about 600 Characters).
3. Maximum number of text lines:
- Ten lines of text maximum for signatures that do not include an image.
- Five lines of text maximum for signatures that include an image. This also applies to the two small XFire miniprofiles.
- Three lines of text maximum for signatures that use the two large images for XFire miniprofile.
- Also, please note that blank lines still count as lines for these maximums.
5. Image cannot be larger than 500x150. This does not apply to the XFire miniprofile.
6. Total image file size must not exceed 80kb
7. Signature images can be hosted for OCC members free. More information is available here. - Do not start a new thread for your signature image, this will result in it being deleted.
8. Signatures containing links to personal or non personal web sites that in any way make reference to pornography or contain derogatory statements towards race, creed, or any malfeasance towards OverclockersClub.com, its staff or members will result in a warning, suspension, or a permanent ban, without notice.
Section III. - Notice
All messages posted to the forum become the property of OverclockersClub, and as such OverclockersClub reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.
Moderators and administrators frequently review forum messages for those that are in violation of OverclockersClub forum rules. Any messages found to be in violation will be deleted without warning or explanation. - OverclockersClub staff has the final say over anything posted, if message is said to be in violation of the rules, that is final, no further discussion is needed about it.
OverclockersClub also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, for any reason with out notification. This applies to the IRC, Forums, and all other areas of OverclockersClub.com.
OverclockersClub takes no responsibility for the content of any of the messages posted in the OverclockersClub forums or of the authenticity of its authors. OverclockersClub and its representatives will not be held liable for the result of the usage of any information provided in the OverclockersClub forums, IRC, or other areas of the site, and disclaim all liability resulting in the use of the posted information.
All opinions and views expressed on OverclockersClub.com, it's forums, or IRC channel are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of OverclockersClub or its representatives.
It is the responsibility of the site member to check this page on a regular basis for any revisions in OverclockersClub Site Rules before making any posts to any forum.
OverclockersClub reserves the right to change the aforementioned rules at any time without warning or notice.
By posting to the OverclockersClub forums, or joining the OverclockersClub IRC channel, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.
Section IV. - Other Links
- OCC Marketplace Rules - Read Before Buying/Selling/Trading
- Asking For Help Guidelines
- Giving Help Guidelines
- Information On The OCC Warning System
- OCC Spam/Report Guide
- OverclockersClub Advertisement Information
- About OverclockersClub
- OCC Staff Contact Information
- OverclockersClub Privacy Statement
- OverclockersClub Forums
- OverclockersClub Case Gallery
- OverclockersClub Reviews
- OverclockersClub Guides
- OverclockersClub [email protected] Team
- OverclockersClub S.E.T[email protected] Team