2 Kilowatt Power Supply Tested

Nemo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JFC!

Quad crossfire OC, 15 harddrives, overclocked cpu, water pump, 6 optical drives, 10 super high performance fans

Power left over=1000W :P

no idea really...

Edited by Andrewr05

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can comment on this without coming across as unecessarily harsh to be honest.

Oh well I guess I'll try.

For a start, completely uncessary just about sums it up.

More specifically:

Two 1000W supplies in one housing is kind of cheating, at least in my opinion. Not really a negative point I guess.

The break out box is quite nifty I guess, and negates any problems getting that monster actually inside a case.

It still means you have a big brick to put somewhere.

I can't think of any setup that would really test a PSU of half this rating, even when you start setting up stupid stuff.

Only 1 4pin CPU power connector and one 8pin CPU connector!? (unless I'm missing something?)

If I could actually build something that required that much power, I can buy two very good 1000W PSUs for the price of this and still have change left over.

There are cases you can actually fit two PSUs in as well.

I don't want to think about what the efficiency curve on that thing must look like either.

Obviously trying to test the thing is pretty hard, and can't really tell us anything useful. Not Dan's fault there obviously.

I'm not sure there is enough information to give it any kind of award really.

Now I realise who this PSU is aimed at, and I don't know, maybe someone could even use one. Personally I would think alternatives would be better suited.

Edited by jammin

That thing puts out 148 amps on the 12v line. That'll crank many small cars...

Totally and utterly useless it is.

I'd be surprised if one is ever loaded down 100%...not to mention the fact that your standard household wiring can't run it even IF it's the only thing plugged in on the entire circuit in that room.

By the time personal computers are using that much power (if it ever happens in our lifetime, I doubt it will) that power supply will be outdated as hell.

If it had the proper cabling I could see a real benefit from it. If you were able to power 3 or 4 PC's off one unit it makes alot of sense.

But the way its setup I dunno just doesn't seem like its a good thing.

But I guess if you were maybe powering a super server or something that might be better idea and more realistic. :)

But I guess if you were maybe powering a super server or something that might be better idea and more realistic. :)
If you had the money for a "super server" you would probably go out and buy some sort of a redundant power supply versus this desktop "type" PSU.

At least I would think...