First NVIDIA 9-series video card tested

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9600 review on the first day? Grats OCC Review team! :)

Looks like a solid performer. When you figure in the price drops from AMD, it looks like there's some very good competition in the midrange again.

Yes, it seems to compete with the 3870 pretty well in most instances and considering the price that is quite impressive.

It does make me wonder what the higher end 9 series cards will bring (and whether they will put my 8800GT to shame :lol: )

Yes, it seems to compete with the 3870 pretty well in most instances and considering the price that is quite impressive.

It does make me wonder what the higher end 9 series cards will bring (and whether they will put my 8800GT to shame :lol: )

:withstupid: I'm glad my GTX still rocks...for the time being :lol:

ccoke, do you have a comparison shot for the size of this thing? Like compared to an 8800GT or whatever you have around you, that'd be interesting for me :)

:withstupid: Hard to tell the size when there's no comparison shot, nor even a pic of it installed in a case. With today's cards, size actually matters to people.

:blink: Why is the 3870 slower than the 3850 in the Crysis tests? On other tests it seems like the 3850 chokes rather quickly as well. Oddness.

The 9600 looks pretty good though. :)