How do you find an IP Address on a forum?

Assassin X

Ok I get computers but I don't get stuff when it comes to looking up like a IP. Basically some guys harrassing me on a forum and posting my information. He found out my IP from the forum he said and from that got my name, address....etc.

I want to know how you look up someones IP so I can contact his ISP. How do you find someones IP if they are on a forum like he did mine? He has no email listed or anything.

BTW I wasn't sure if this was the right section.

He's probably got access to the admin contols on that board (lists user's IP addresses so they can get banned, etc...)

While it's possible he has your name and address, it's unlikely. My IP traces to Milton Keynes (which isn't where I am)

He's probably got access to the admin contols on that board (lists user's IP addresses so they can get banned, etc...)

While it's possible he has your name and address, it's unlikely. My IP traces to Milton Keynes (which isn't where I am)

Yeah, you're in Norwich... :shiftyeyesevillaugh: :lol:

Even if he does have your IP, for him to reliably associate it with your actual address he'd have to have access to your ISPs logs as far as I know.

why dont you go to the admin and get him banned regardless of wether he actually has your details. Any decent forum's will sort that out for you and if they dont they arent worth using.

i used to run my own forum it was small time but the only way you can find out some ons ip address is via the administration controls in the admin cp of the forum

Sadly the admin of the site left it to a new guy who after some people complained about the moderators being "nazis" (to much power) he said there would be pretty much no more moderation. So there is no more moderation any more (barley).

I know the guy thats being an idiot isn't liked by the mods but none of them have the ability to ban him. Thats why I was wondering how he got my Ip like he did. He says "Any ***** can see an IP on this forum!" I figured there was something I was missing about forums.

BTW this is the info about the forum if you wanted to see what kind it is or however that works: