Our OCZ Vanquisher is Posted

Nemo

• 4 weeks later...

Great Review, thanks for that, it helped me decide. Just a note however. I had no trouble removing the screws you mentioned. Either they've changed them or you got a particularly stubborn one. After I installed it I took it off again and removed the thermal paste, this baby might benefit from a lapping, the surface certainly isn't mirror finish. I put some Arctic Silver 5 on it and it's kept my 4800+ 5-7 degrees cooler than my stock AMD HS, since then I've put in a 6400+ and it idles around 30 degrees and goes no higher than 47 during a 5 minute Orthos Prime running twice for each core.

Edited by low351

nice looking rig there Greg. glad you liked the review. I had just about stripped one of the screws trying to take it off. Two smokes and almost a full cup of coffee later i had it removed without too much damage to the review piece. good quiet cooler for the money.

now i hope you have worked on cleaning up that cabling... ^_^

Dan.

Edited by cygnus_x_1

dead topic reply :)

got one of these when I picked up the Q6600, ripped out the 92mm fan that came installed on the Vanquisher and ghetto rigged one of the 120mm Yate Loon's I have lying around w/zip-ties. I also gave it a few passes w/1000 and 1500 grit sandpaper.

idle temps: 27 - 31 C

load after 2hrs Orthos: 37 - 40 C

Orthos settings: small FFT's, priority 8

not too bad for a $20 cooler.