Our Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound is Posted

Nemo

Interesting review. I've heard only miracle-like 20C decrease stories about MX2 and this review definitely lessens the hype.

Why is the compound only required in the middle of the processor? Wouldn't a thin, even spread across the face of the processor dissipate heat more evenly?

No Arctic Silver comparisons?

:withstupid: It seems that MX-2 has a slight edge on Ceramique.... just like AS5 does. It would have been nice to see AS5 in the comparison.

This might be asking a bit much, but what about some higher-temperature applications like GPUs?

EDIT:

It beat out the Arctic Cooling Ceramique thermal compound by a few degrees in some tests, especially under load.

I believe I've spotted a typo on the conclusion. ;)

Edited by Bleeble

We didn't have any to test with thats why it was not included in the review.

We we talking about this earlier today we go through so much of the stuff we need to get a big case of the stuff because we are always running out. :(

When Nick gets some I will make sure he updates it. :)

We didn't have any to test with thats why it was not included in the review.

We we talking about this earlier today we go through so much of the stuff we need to get a big case of the stuff because we are always running out. :(

When Nick gets some I will make sure he updates it. :)

Yeah, I can understand that. The little tube of AS5 will probably last through several builds for the average user (assuming they know how to use it :rolleyes:). But that probably wouldn't even make it through a single review session...