Anyone Check out demonoid this morning

CoolMaster

Apparently demonoid is shut down, i dunno if it's like "one of those things" then they'll bring it back. but it says the CRIA is threatening them and they had to shut down.

I just saw it today, as far as I know it was working yesturday

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOES

EDIT:http://blogofashton.blogspot.com/2007/11/demonoid-shares-grave-with-oink.html

apparently it just happened today

DARN U CRIA

Edited by CoolMaster

true, but I mean look what happened to oink (never personally used) but heard about it

OiNK was different, they actually went to OiNK's house and (OiNK was the admin) arrested him for running a "pay site" that offered illegal and espically pre release music. Funny thing is, OiNK was never a pay site, and donations went to cover server costs... Anyways, even if demonoid is taken down, it will become like oink and turn into a hydra. There are already 2 private torrent sites that are pretty good that sprung up after oink did, the same thing will happen with every tracker taken down. Although, I bet that we will see demonoid again if what KB said is true.

OiNK was different, they actually went to OiNK's house and (OiNK was the admin) arrested him for running a "pay site" that offered illegal and espically pre release music. Funny thing is, OiNK was never a pay site, and donations went to cover server costs... Anyways, even if demonoid is taken down, it will become like oink and turn into a hydra. There are already 2 private torrent sites that are pretty good that sprung up after oink did, the same thing will happen with every tracker taken down. Although, I bet that we will see demonoid again if what KB said is true.

That's what Demonoid's website is saying, if Krazy would have taken the time to read the full thing :P. I trust it to be true.

EDIT: [+mntrSCTf] Welcome to #Demonoid | Site is down, tracker is intermittent (sometimes up, sometimes down), No Current ETA is known. That is all we know...DON'T ASK | Alternate forums at www.demonoiders.com. Expect the site to return, unless we hear otherwise from Deimos.

Reading comprehension & facts ftw.

its been down for a few days, i switched fully to the pirates bay and bitsoup. demonoid was dead anyways after the first hit in augest

Yet another wonderful post by you. Demonoid has been alive for awhile, and was much more secure than TPB or MiniNova (both of which were literally honey pots in my experience with what was blocked by PG on their torrents). I've never had any issues with lack of seeds on there except for oddball torrents (such as someone's wallpaper collection, for example).

Private trackers will always be better than public ones.