Got leopard installed!

Ghost2520

I was wondering if Leopard would run on my Sigged system.

I've been really happy with the MAc OS's since I got my Iphone.

Also would Leopard run on a dell Laptop

1.6 ghz Intel Mobile

512 mb ram ?

Vista maybe a little higher in resources to run good, I would upgrade that system.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vista maybe a little higher in resources to run good, I would upgrade that system.

What are you talking about. I wasn't asking if Vista would run good on my laptop, I asked about Leopard ?

and if your talking about my system in my sig, you need to do some homework =]

What are you talking about. I wasn't asking if Vista would run good on my laptop, I asked about Leopard ?

and if your talking about my system in my sig, you need to do some homework =]

tiger is not going to be easy to run on a non-apple pc since it will need tons of stuff to do. maybe its the same process with leopard? just google up osx86.

Vista > * in terms of networking. XP blew IMHO, Vista rocks my socks for networking computers together.

it's obvious your opinion isn't shared by the folks that know what's going on and opinions matter. Hence the reason vista has been spit all over by large business IT departments. not to mention the fact that it's quickly slated to be replaced... lacking on the MCSE training materials... very reminicent of another total pile of substanceless, short lived, flashy poop known as windows millenium edition.

Kash, there are several mac native viruses running around out there. however they're either so harmless, specific to apps like IE, or strictly designed for the PPC macs that it makes them pointless to scan for. contrary to what mac will tell you, there ARE some out there.

Kash, there are several mac native viruses running around out there. however they're either so harmless, specific to apps like IE, or strictly designed for the PPC macs that it makes them pointless to scan for. contrary to what mac will tell you, there ARE some out there.

You're only further reinforcing my point of not wasting resources running AV software on a Mac ;)

I went to the launch of leopard in Southampton lol - got a free tshirt :P But yer I love it, feels a lot smoother than tiger, everything flows so well, for me I think quicklook has ben the most useful feature, saves a LOT of time.

I dont know if anyone can confirm this but I think battery life has been improved marginally, I now seem to get about 3 hours on my (slightly knackered) Mackbook Pro battery.

Either way overall, it's great :D

You're only further reinforcing my point of not wasting resources running AV software on a Mac ;)

but, it's only a matter of time before it becomes something far worse. virus writers are creatures of opertunity. they have that with the sheer number of windows machines out there. now they've got the OS X family growing. growing fat and ready for the pickings. do you feel like being one of those dumbasses who lost thier data because they felt thier mac was invincible? cuz you I don't see as being that way.

it's obvious your opinion isn't shared by the folks that know what's going on and opinions matter. Hence the reason vista has been spit all over by large business IT departments. not to mention the fact that it's quickly slated to be replaced... lacking on the MCSE training materials...

I was obviously talking about home networking.

I was obviously talking about home networking.

That's what I was thinking when you first mentioned it. I guess we forgot to look at the "big picture" that BigRed is always thinking about when we talk about networking <_<