Bought my first car

SMeeD

Yup Im 17. My dad has a 240z and a 1970 chevy truck so I think I inherited that taste.

I found a shop not too far away that sells pinto dash pads for $55 and since I can pick it up I wont have to pay the 30 for shipping. I thought i was going to pay about 100 for one :)

Edited by SMeeD

Looking great man :). I love older cars, especially the V8 gas guzzlers. Good to see a fellow youngster with taste.

Ignore HBC. Having a car and the freedom to drive far outweighs the negatives of gas and general repairs (many repairs you can do yourself if the car's in good condition). Just make sure you put in all fresh filters.

Grats man, that car is in AMAZING condition for its age! Its paint looks better then my 93 z28s :lol:. Looks like you got a sweet deal - as long as their is no rust or serious chassis problems you are set, interior is minor stuff.

Interestingly enough, I just ordered a new dash pad for my car finally. It is all cracked and in pieces :( Dealer wanted $260 for one! I got a brand spanking new OEM piece from an ebay reseller for 175+ shipping :).

Def something you do not see every day, I bet you will get a ton of compliments for such a clean old school ride.

KB hopefully in the future I can turn this into a V8, Im not sure how well that would work without power steering though :P Its pretty good on gas right now though, I hear it should get around 25mpg.

Unfortunately the tires that were on my dad's 240z wont fit a pinto, but I would like to put wide 15in tires on it. Probably with rims similar to what this car has:

pintotiresvv3.jpg

Edited by SMeeD

That's a nice ride indeed! Actually I do like the exterior, the paint seems to be in good shape. I would only change the interior/tires. Too bad those nice little cars aren't able to survive up here <_<

Edited by tarkins

A new set of tires and rims seem to give it a much more aggressive look, I agree it could really use a bigger/different set. Im warming up to the interior a little, I just cant seem to find avocado spray paint for the dash pad :O

This is the look Ill go for if I decide to paint it black. I dont want it to be all show and no go, which I really dont have the money to make it go fast.

indexpinyi5.th.jpg

Or if I go beige/white Ill keep it looking more traditional. This is what Im leaning towards at the moment.

71pinto002rm7.th.jpg

My dad has painted a plenty of cars in his time so he knows how to do it. IMO 200 or 300 is pretty cheap for a paint job but something like rims and tires is considerably more expensive.

And about surviving, Im not going to drive the car in the winter because the salt which is kind of a bummer. I bet its a lot worse on cars up there in Canada though.

Edited by SMeeD

13526037581f98a53dcfof3.jpg

SWEET!

I have those same rims for my car when I go to the track! I DD the stock 16s w/ BFG drag radials out back and khumos up front, and when I go to the track I switch to those 15" Weld Draglites.

Draglites FTW :)