OCC Review: Lian Li PC-A58 Case

Nemo

You really expect me to believe that nrg reviewed this?! Come on now. There's no cuts, custom fiberglass, volt-mods, water-cooling, or modifications of any kind in any of those pictures. :P

Seriously though, it's a good review. That power supply mounting is goofy, but probably not a deal-breaker in most of the applications that this is designed for. It's a nice looking case. Great to see OCC reviewing Lian-Li :)

Its athstetically pleasing but because of its poor thermal performance IMO its a flop. I guess it was aimed at budget machines because thats all it can really accommodate :| It was a good review though.

I'm not sure what Lian Li is up to, to be honest... I wouldn't even house a low-end machine in there because of the horrendous thermal design. The only motherboard I'd put in there and feel safe is a mini-ITX form factor board, and then, what's the point? I guess then you could make use of the 4 IDE and 2 SATA on many mini-ITX boards, instead of being limited to the 1 optical and 1 hard-drive on most mini-ITX cases...

Strange, very strange...

A little bit off topic, but since when did hardnrg get a C2D setup? I seem to recall him saying that he'll only settle for 3.8ghz if he ever got one. There should've been a 10 page long topic with hardnrg doing crazy things with his C2D by now :lol:

As for the case, well it is rather small so cooling is probably going to be affected and I can imagine that it's going to be cheaper than Lian-Lis other higher priced cases.

I almost have a C2D rig... so close I could cry... I had to source some minor (but essential) parts from PerformancePCs in the US as nowhere in the UK has the Swiftech F-fittings in stock

I'm right on the brink of a massive overhaul of all my computers... I just ordered a Yeong Yang YY-W203 (5U 19" rackable) from eBay Germany for my music PC because the damn Thermalright Ultra 120 is too tall for my current 4U case! :lol:

If the E6600 I have doesn't do much on water, I might get an E6750 or E6850... one of my workmates is going to NYC on Sunday for a week and I checked out the prices of those CPUs on CompUSA and man... I'm tempted to just buy one anyway lol