OCC News: AMD Announces Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition

I think its just a marketing scheme to make it look special. Like all these Vista-Ready stickers on things. Vista-Ready USB fans will be next.

:withstupid: This is just another marketing scheme to make it look like its a special type of cpu whens its the same as the others they sell but its slightly faster. Its just like the Xbox360 black edition or the simpsons edition or halo 3 edition there pretty much all the same except a few little things that really don't make a difference anyway.

:withstupid: At that price, that's probably the best buy, price-to-performance, right now.

it might be for *stock* speeds... but you know that it has very little headroom for oc-ing...

the E6750 is about the same price (if you take the 1000 unit price as the single unit retail price, judging by current X2 6000+ prices, it might not be far off) and would wipe the floor with any X2 if you are an overclocker...

it might be for *stock* speeds... but you know that it has very little headroom for oc-ing...

the E6750 is about the same price (if you take the 1000 unit price as the single unit retail price, judging by current X2 6000+ prices, it might not be far off) and would wipe the floor with any X2 if you are an overclocker...

That is true. I wouldn't be surprised if it could barely get a 200mhz OC. They seem to be hitting a wall as of late.

Nonetheless, it's still an excellent price for a stock chip.

Edited by The Unforgivin

What makes this a "Black Edition"? The box? I guess I just don't get the blackness of it...

Really though, you have to give AMD some credit. They've ridden this A64 architecture HARD for a long time. I'm amazed it's come this far. Let's hope it doesn't have to go any further though. Barcelona is long overdue.

Probably has something to do with keeping it a Black Project so Intel doesn't know about it until it is sprung by surprise.

:lol:

I don't see it for sale anywhere yet.

First post,

i followed a link in the news to here.

cheers to all.

welcome mgl

its for sale. heres the newegg link. I didn't check to see if thats cheapest though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103191

hang around a while, and remember, dont touch the lammas. bad things happen.

WOW! Thanks.

I was looking there and at ZZF this afternoon and didn't see any listing for it.

Maybe I better look at ZZF again,

I like them, I buy more stuff there than at NE.

I wonder what other secrets they have up their sleeves.

This just confirms what another OCC user has posted,

>>

Model

Brand AMD

Processors Type Desktop

Series Athlon 64 X2

Model ADX6400CZWOF

CPU Socket Type

CPU Socket Type Socket AM2

Tech Spec

Multi-Core Dual-Core

Name Athlon 64 X2 6400+

Operating Frequency 3.2GHz

HT 2000MHz

L2 Cache 2 x 1MB

Manufacturing Tech 90 nm

64 bit Support Yes

Hyper-Transport Support Yes

Virtualization Technology Support Yes

Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW! Professional

Cooling Device Cooling device not included - Processor Only

>>

no heat sink and fan.

I wonder if "WOF" is going to be repeated more often in the "OPN's".

Edit and add:

I just went to ZZF and it's not there yet.

Edited by MGL