15 replies to this topic

#1 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:06 AM

Logitech today introduced the newest addition to its line of G-series peripherals for PC gaming – the G9 Lase Mouse. The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse takes customization to the next level, allowing gamers to modify nearly every part of the G9 mouse for the best personal fit, feel and performance. Logitech also unveiled an upgrade to its G15 Gaming Keyboard – now with native support from the most popular games for its exclusive GamePanel™ LCD screen, a backlighted 160 by 43 pixel screen that gives gamers critical information during game play.

The new G9 is a corded mouse offers gamers interchangeable grips, on-the-fly DPI switching ranging from 200 DPI to 3200 DPI, full-speed USB laser tracking, an onboard-memory profiling system, weight tuning, a custom-color LED and Logitech's exclusive hyper-fast MicroGear™ Precision Scroll Wheel.

The interchangeable grips come in two sizes – Wide-Load and Precision. The Wide-Load is designed to provide a fuller shape with a soft satin feel while the Precision grip comes with DryGrip technology giving the gamer a slimmer profile, allowing fingertip control and a surer handle for any hand. Logitech says they expect to offer additional grips in the future.

Further enhancing the customization features is a unique weight tuning system where the user can insert up to four additional weights in the mouse's weight tray to add up 28 grams. With eight weights to choose from, there are hundreds of different weight settings available to provide the perfect feel for any user.

The G9 mouse comes with Logitech's SetPoint software that allows the user to create and store up to five profiles – including specified keyboard macros, dpi settings and LED color settings – directly on the mouse using onboard memory. The mouse's LED color settings can also be changed and linked to each profile and will show the DPI and profile setting. The DPI setting can be switched on the fly from 200 DPI all the way up to 3200 DPI. The G9 mouse also features the MicroGear Precision Scroll Wheel introduced last year in the MX Revelution cordless laser mouse.

Posted Image Posted Image

The upgraded G15 Gaming Keyboard offers built-in support for popular games via its integrated LCD panel. Native support for World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2142 and Quake Wars is included. In addition, the G15 keyboard includes a public software development kit (SDK), which allows gamers to program any game to leverage GamePanel for better performance. The G15 keyboard also offers six on-the-fly programmable macro keys with three modes, for a total of 18 programmable keys per game or application. Logitech rounds out the G15 with backlighted keys for those late night gaming sessions.

Posted Image Posted Image

The Logitech G9 Laser Mouse (MSRP $99.99 U.S.) and the upgraded Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard (MSRP $99.99 U.S.) are expected to be available in September.

Logitech Press Release

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Follow OCC on Posted Image
Subscribe to the OCC Newsletter

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#2 Verran

Verran

RIP 1981-2009

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

The pic links take me to an OCC error page, saying I don't have access to the linked page. Anyone else getting that?

The mouse looks pretty cool. The on-board profile stuff seems pretty handy because software switching is always subject to a degree of compatibility with games. Having it on-board is great for complete control. The interchangeable grips seems like an interesting idea, too. Really though, I'll have to wait to try them myself before I can decide if it's a good thing. I like the color too. Just plain black. Pretty hard to offend with that :) Ultimately though, I just can't see spending $100 on a mouse. It's cool, but not that cool.

I've never been much of a Razer fan, but does it seem to anyone else like they've "borrowed" at least a few key features from the Razer mice for this G9? The front of the mouse, most notably the concave "U-shaped" main buttons, looks very Razer-ish. And I believe that the on-board memory and software-less resolution switching has been a Razer initiative for a while now.
Posted Image
[E7400 Gaming]~[Q6600 Burning]~[Opt148 Wife's]~[3200+ HTPC1]~[3500+ HTPC2]
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

#3 PeterJ3

PeterJ3

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:36 AM

That mouse is ugly :foldon:
Intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz
8600m GT
4GB
Dell laptop=:(

#4 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:00 AM

The pic links take me to an OCC error page, saying I don't have access to the linked page. Anyone else getting that?

The mouse looks pretty cool. The on-board profile stuff seems pretty handy because software switching is always subject to a degree of compatibility with games. Having it on-board is great for complete control. The interchangeable grips seems like an interesting idea, too. Really though, I'll have to wait to try them myself before I can decide if it's a good thing. I like the color too. Just plain black. Pretty hard to offend with that :) Ultimately though, I just can't see spending $100 on a mouse. It's cool, but not that cool.

I've never been much of a Razer fan, but does it seem to anyone else like they've "borrowed" at least a few key features from the Razer mice for this G9? The front of the mouse, most notably the concave "U-shaped" main buttons, looks very Razer-ish. And I believe that the on-board memory and software-less resolution switching has been a Razer initiative for a while now.

All the pic links test OK for me. Maybe you need to get one of the moderators to help you out :lol:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz / ASUS P5Q Deluxe / Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB PC2-9600 DDR2-1200MHz / 2x Seagate ST3160827AS 160GB RAID 1 / Seagate ST31000340AS 1TB
Corsair TX750W / Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 / SilverStone TJ05 / Scythe Zipang 140mm CPU Cooler / ASUS VH202T-P 20" widescreen monitor (x2) / XP Pro SP 3
"however, i cannot claim to be such a fish as i am not a fish at all..." - hardnrg,Jul 4 2005, 02:49 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lucky Mudder Race 2013

#5 WhenKittensATK

WhenKittensATK

Melting pot of friendship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8221 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

Lol, looks like another fata1ty worst design again.

Gaming Rig || Intel i7 3770K || Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 || G.Skill 8GB || MSI GTX 1070 || Corsair TX750 V2 ||

Peripherals || Qnix QX2710 || Corsair Vengeance K90 || Logitech G700s || Blue Snowball ||

Audio Gear || Schiit Bitfrost 4490 || Schiit Lyr 2 || Sennheiser HD6XX || Monoprice 605500 ||

NAS || Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5 || Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F || Samsung 16 GB ECC RAM || SeaSonic X-Series 750W || 33 TB Raw Storage ||

#6 Verran

Verran

RIP 1981-2009

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:05 AM

All the pic links test OK for me. Maybe you need to get one of the moderators to help you out :lol:

Don't get me started on those lazy, good-for-nothing moderators... :lol:
Posted Image

#7 Gremlin

Gremlin

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1684 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

I am getting the error messages too.

Gremlin_FLG.png

#8 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32877 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

Someone must have fixed them they are working fine for me

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 3960X
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
16GB of Corsair Vengeance
2 X Titan X in SLI
Corsair Force 3 GT 240GB SSD
Coolermaster 932 Case
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Thermaltake Toughpower XT Platinum 1275 Watts
Asus 32" 4K Monitor
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.

#9 kendellrt

kendellrt

My computer can beat up your honor student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4035 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

No error message here. It is an ugly mouse. I like the features, but I'd rather get the cordless, what is it...G7, for the same price? Maybe it will go down in price with this release. I want the Cordless Desktop 3200, but don't want to spend the money, especially with a 5 yr old in the house. I don't need my mouse walking off. I guess I'll stick with my MX-510, even though I have to use a USB extension cord to get it to reach my tower.
The member formerly known as chavalcito.

#10 sdy284

sdy284

Mr. Staypuft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8303 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

pics work for me... that new G15 looks pretty nice, i wish they would've kept the backlit blue keys though :(

#11 Verran

Verran

RIP 1981-2009

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7026 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

Clicking any of the four pics stills gives an error:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

:(
Posted Image

#12 Nemo

Nemo

Will Fold 4 Food

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7228 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

Clicking any of the four pics stills gives an error:
:(

Sheesh... here you go:

Attached Thumbnails

• G9_CTG_Reduced.JPG
  • G9_2CTG_Reduced.JPG
  • G15_CTG_Reduced.JPG
  • G15_Top_Reduced.JPG

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lucky Mudder Race 2013