11.6 Million Xbox 360s are faulty

road-runner

So sence mine doesnt have a warrenty anymore i can take the h/s off and fix this problem? I really hope its just the heating im going tommmorw to get some artic silver 5 and im gona beef up the cooling with some parts laying around.

Well no, seeing as the warranty will be extended to 3 years. Opening it would be unwise IMO. Let it go bad and send it back for free.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i was just about to buy one this weekend too lol b/c i figured by now after my freind replaced his THREE TIMES they would be fine....

im getting my ps3 this weekend :)

Woooowww...... :blink:

That's a pretty stupid reason to lose a billion dollars. But we're assuming that's actually the cause of all of the 360's problems. I bought mine in June 2006 and haven't had any problems yet. I just hope it dies during the warranty period if it's going to die. :lol:

Edited by Bleeble

Mine died about 7 months after I bought it. I sent it in and it was replaced. Good thing they extended the warranty otherwise I would be screwed if it died again

Guest ecthlipsis
and i was just about to buy one this weekend too lol b/c i figured by now after my freind replaced his THREE TIMES they would be fine....

im getting my ps3 this weekend :)

ROFL.. sorry but that almost made me lol for real. You're going from MS to Sony and hoping to have fewer issues? Sony is the king of deceit, shotty production and manipulation. I can only imagine the issues the PS3's are going to have, and Sony probably won't opt to give extended warranties. The PSP comes to mind. They used cheap screens and thus dead pixels were present in nearly 100% of models. To "remedy" this, Sony would issue a repair IF the unit had more than 14 (I think it was?) dead pixels. So it was fine that the product was faulty and broken, so long as it was "too" broken.

Sony FTL.

And I agree, I'm so glad I don't game on consoles. The games are so lame, too. Consolitus sucks.

Microsoft wasn't great with this, as Verran mentioned. Admitting to the problem and fixing it before it became an epidemic would have been honorable... finally deciding to fix a mistake is expected at best. Don't think MS just learned about it, no matter what they may hope to say. I'm sure they knew about it about 3 days after it happened. I'm glad they're taking a hit in $$, too... they deserve it for that.

:unsure:

I got my PS2 as soon as they came out back in 2000 or 2001 & i've never had a problem with it :unsure:

Same here. Sadly my original box PS2 came to an unfortunate end one night at a party. Apparently PS2's were not made to be used as cushions to break the fall of two approximately 120lb females... Luckily for me the slim PS2 was release just a little after that incident and(thanks to the "kindness" of the two aforementioned ladies) I was back in business. Man do I love my little buddy. We've been through so much together... /reminisce

Guest ecthlipsis

You two are lucky, lol. When I was working at GameStop, we had people brining in a broken PS2 every few days and the "Blue Disc" error was extremely wide-spread as well. We had only a handful of people try to bring in a defective X-Box...

We also never had to turn away a single person trying to trade in an X-Box due to defectivity (yes, I made that word up). That is certainly not the case with PS2's, lol.

My PS2 Slimline started not being able to play DVD's (perfectly) only months after I got it, too. It's now long gone and sold, though.

You two are lucky, lol. When I was working at GameStop, we had people brining in a broken PS2 every few days and the "Blue Disc" error was extremely wide-spread as well. We had only a handful of people try to bring in a defective X-Box...

We also never had to turn away a single person trying to trade in an X-Box due to defectivity (yes, I made that word up). That is certainly not the case with PS2's, lol.

My PS2 Slimline started not being able to play DVD's (perfectly) only months after I got it, too. It's now long gone and sold, though.

lol, it really is luck. My slim PS2 was one of the early models(before the compatibility problems thankfully) with the exploding power brick and I've had it running 24/7 since November 04 when I got it. I'm proud to say that it has yet to explode and take off my arms or any other extremities.