Lan Parties

Crow47

Just wondering out of curiosity, how many of you go to lan parties? Do you host them, or your friends? How big are they? What games do they play? Have you ever been to a place like Quakecon or something?

I host some of them and one of my friends hosts others. We usually have 6-7 people, as not many people around here are in to computer gaming. We usually play ut2k4, warcraft 3, and Command and Conquer Generals oddly enough. I've never had the luxury of being able to go to something like Quakecon, as it's kinda far.

I dont know too many people who are into computer gaming. I know a bunch of people who play WoW but why LAN when your all on different servers?

Once in a while Ill drag my rig to a friend's and we will LAN CSS but we mostly join internet servers and destroy people there, its not a real lan party by any means.

I used to be huge into lan parties... we'd get about 10 people together and play Counter Strike + mods or EMPIRE EARTH (absolute best RTS lan game). I grew out of it though...I occasionally go to one, but just bring my laptop. I don't usually stay the whole time either anymore.

In high school my buddies and I had quite a few LAN parties. The easiest to get together were the Halo and Halo 2 LAN parties because they were really easy to set up. We could easily get 16+ folks over. Sometimes we'd get together and play PC games like CS, UT2K4, and Far Cry, but not as many people would show up because it's tough to get everyone's computer in the same house without things blowing up. We always had fun, though.

Mmm Far Cry at Lans, me and like 3 other friends used to do that all the time, good stuff. Whenever we played RTS games, 1on1 it takes a minimum of 3 hours to complete, not a great choice for mini-LANs that end before the night is just getting started, never gotten into the overnight stuff though.

i do.... didnt you say once that you were from around dayton ohio? if that was you, im in middletown...there is the dayton lanfest mini lans the last saturday of every month. normally about 10-30 people.

Never been to a proper lan party... Hosted one in High School on their network playing HL though... peaked at 150+ machines playing :)

I sometimes play a bit of system link Halo 2... very occasionally a bit of AoE over my home network, but that's it :lol:

i do.... didnt you say once that you were from around dayton ohio? if that was you, im in middletown...there is the dayton lanfest mini lans the last saturday of every month. normally about 10-30 people.

Dude, I would love to come. I would just have to convince my parents to let me go, heh. Can I bring a friend?

A few years ago, my friend and I would play ut99 on these systems:

Mine:....................................Parents:

Pentium 4 1.5 GHz.................Athlon XP 1.7 GHz

512 RAM (SDR).....................256 MB RAM (DDR)

TNT 2 32 MB, AGP.................On board video

10 GB + 10 GB?....................60 GB

Was fun... but thats just two people :lol:

Edited by coolcat97