Windows smp client released

spazmire11

Guest ecthlipsis
The Windows SMP client does not yet support running as a service, so I haven't jumped in yet.

It's too much work to double-click the icon?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too much work to double-click the icon?

This is my only PC. My wife and son use it all of the time, so I may actually push out more WUs using the service. Wy wife walks around logging me off all of the time anyway. Liek yesterday when I had passed 22+ hours of Orthos on my new overclock and she logged everything off!

• 11 months later...

I installed the SMP on 2 rigs like this:

I configured my client to NOT run as a service, then dragged fah.exe to my Startup Folder. Next I downloaded TrayIt and set that to autostart and automatically send fah.exe to the tray when the client is started. Takes up a bit more memory (ca 8200K on my rig) but beats having the CMD window on my desktop. One thing I like is that I can always double click the tray icon and check on my progress.

For your situation, where your wife likes to log you off, you'd have to create a task in task scheduler and set it up to run the task when the computer starts rather than when you log on. The wizard is pretty self-explanatory and you can set more advanced settings as well. A lot of people don't realize how versatile of a Windows function it is and often overlook it.

Edit:

Oops didn't mean to bump an oldie, I see what you mean now Dave ;)

Edited by ReelFiles

• 8 months later...