WRX Carputer :D

Well...

Here are the specs not much but it'll do the job running music and MS Streets

PIII 1.3ghz (I think)

Some crazy MB that works and has AGP and DDR/SD ram slots

1gig Kingston Hyper X PC4000

Some crazy video card that im too lazy to look at and give the model :)

40gig HDD

DVD/CD-RWLOLWTFBBQ

I know all the hardware works cause it was my media center PC, but i don't remember the specifics :)

The case was made today, and was my first time working with wood, its wrapped in car carpet to match the trunk interior.

Not bad huh?

Oh,

waiting for my M2-ATX DC-DC Step Down converter to come in the mail to power it :)

I got ahold of a 10.4Inch Touch screen Police LCD from the LAPD which will be put in the glove box... This computer will be in the trunk of the car.

Sound card will run to my AUX on the headunit.

post-7939-1169091565_thumb.jpg

post-7939-1169091585_thumb.jpg

post-7939-1169091599_thumb.jpg

Edited by p8baller07

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that looks really good! Be sure to post pics once you get everything set up in the WRX.

Will do, looks nothing like one of the members on here, with the Nissian or Acura SUV (Forgot who it was), That was a badass build, best car PC build ive ever seen.

If you happen to see this perhaps you can give me some pointers :) Im on MP3Car.com aswell reading away.

Edited by p8baller07

looks neat - you've motivated me to doing that same project. i only have two questions though. where does one get a touchscreen for a decent price, and how much would an inverter run to power something like that? [best to run straight from 12v since i already have that in my trunk...]