(and be sure to digg our articles!)
OCC CES 2007 Coverage
OverclockersClub was interviewed live by FoxNews.com! The video can be watched here:
Youtube: OCC at CES Fox News Interview
Google Video: OCC at CES Fox News Interview
::: OCC @ CES Day Four:::
1/11/07 (5:00pm) - CES Update:
- Ultra Products Introduces High-End Carbon Fiber Case at This Year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas
A lot of news from the Coolermaster booth today.
- Think those fancy Lian Li cases are expensive? Well how about paying $899 for a case? Thats the going rate for Coolermaster's new "Smooth Creations Special Edition" case
- Coolermaster is also coming out with a case built for hot-swapping up to 4 hard drives as well as an external hard drive enclosure that is made for hot swapping.
- In addition to the SLI water cooling solutions for the 7 series nVidia cards, Coolermaster was also showing off fanless GPU and CPU cooling!.
- The fanless CPU cooler, called the Gemini is big enough for 2x120mm fans. You can expect load temps of 45°C with NO FANS and 32°C with one 120mm fan!
::: OCC @ CES Day Three:::1/10/07 (2:30pm) - CES Update:
Intel had some surprises at their booth:
- The "V8" system, with 8, yes 8 cores. Check out these benchmark scores: 3DMark06 CPU score of 6089, Cinebench2003 score of 2354 (loaded the page in 11s) and a Half Life 2 Particle test score of 123
- Also, scheduled for release in either the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2007 is a new Intel chipset based on DDR3 at 1333Mhz
- All of Day 2's pictures have been posted, there are a lot in Bosco's day 2 review & there are dedicated galleries as well. Overall there were over 100 pictures posted from day 2!
- Logitech X-240 Speakers Introduce Integrated Cradle for Digital Music Players, PDAs, Mobile Phones
- Adata Once Again Wins 2007 International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards ::: Digg
- Bosco's day 3 in review has been added...looks for pics by tomorrow late afternoon
1/9/07 (1:23pm) - CES Update:
::: OCC @ CES Day Two :::
Ok, a LOT of news from Adata today:
- They're going to come out with a gaming series of memory modules that come with red headsinks
- They are also showing a memory card with an LCD that shows the remaining free space left on the card
- The "Micro ST Trio" which is a thumb drive, SD card & a card reader all in one! (and it comes with reading adapters)
- They had some engineering samples of DDR3 running at 1066Mhz
- For the kids, they had Disney flash drives up to 2Gb
- Finally, they had a 16Gb thumb drive on display. It was the "Turbo Flash PD7 with Readyboost"
SuperTalent has been pretty busy as well, just check out some of their upcoming products!
- New high-end server modules
- A yet to be named gaming line of memory running at 1120Mhz
- Like all the other memory companies, they are also working on DDR3
- They also have a 16gb Flash Drive that is the size of a laptop HDD, uses IDE interface & they're hoping to release a SATA version in the next few weeks
- They have switched to new heatsinks on their high end ram
- New low profile ECC memory that is 1/2 the size of existing modules, making it ideal for micro or rack mounted systems
- They have some new 2gb & 4gb sticks of DDR2 667 coming out as well
- A new 3 in 1 pen, USB drive & laser pointer that will be available in 1Gb & 2Gb versions
- Finally, they're working on 2Gb & 4Gb thumb drives have read speeds of 30-35Mb/s & write speeds of 20-22MB/s
- CoolIT is now the cooling supplier for high-end systems from Dell, Alienware, Shuttle, Biohazard & other prebuilt PC manufacturers
- Look for their PCI Express cooler that cools the PCIe bridge
- In addition to their PCIe cooler, they're also coming out with some active cooling for your RAM (Look for a review on OCC in the coming weeks)
- In the gadget section... They have a USB beverage chiller which OCC will be conducting a review on, on the CES floor!
- Probably the biggest news from CoolIT is their new "Predictive" cooling technology. You can read about it here. ::: Digg
Mushkin has a few new products on display as well:
- 800W, 1000W, 1200W & 1500W Power supplies are on their way. The 800w & 1000W should arrive in the first quarter of '07 with the 1200W & 1500W arriving around summer.
- The 800W & 1000W PSU's will feature green LED lighting and the 1200W & 1500W PSU's may get the "Redline" theme and have red LED lighting.
- A new Redline memory series, the 9608, has a speed of 1200Mhz and should arrive in the first quarter of '07
- Mushkin is also upgrading the warranty on all of their PSU's from 3 to 5 years. If you currently have a PSU that has a 3 year warranty, it has been officially bumped up to 5 years. Mushkin really knows how to take care of their customers!
Enermax, not surprisingly, had some new PSU's on display.
- Probably the most impressive was the 1000W DXX Galaxy PSU that was powering TWO seperate PC's that each had an 8800GTX!
- Also at the Enermax booth was the Chakra (which will be out in 3 weeks) has a 25cm fan on the side panel!
- They also were showing their new Infiniti 650W & 720W PSU's that have 3 12V rails & run at 82-85% efficiency at 20-100% load.
1/9/07 (9:30pm) - CES Update:
Abit had quite a few interesting products as well:
- They had a PCIe 1x Wifi Card
- Also on display was their Idome, a set of digital speakers that were getting audio via Abit's wireless g audio receiver.
- There's also big news on the FATAL1TY front. FATAL1TY is now a team of people who will help develop Abit's gaming products
- Due for release in the first quarter is a midrange level FATAL1TY AM2 board. (Model: IN9-SLI)
- Due for release in the end of this month, is a new high end intel board based on the 690 chipset. (Model: IN9-32x Max)
- Like Mushkin, Abit is also upping their warranties. Abit is raising the warranty on their motherboards to 3 years and overclocking is encouraged. As long as their is no physical damage, they will take the board back with no questions asked.
End of Day 2 - CES Update:
- DELL Integrates CoolIT Systems' MTEC Technology into Dual-Stage Cooling System ::: Digg
- Bosco & Raven both have their "Day in Review" posted in the article
- A LOT pictures were taken on day 2! Check back tomorrow after noon to see them all
::: OCC @ CES Day One :::
New Information that can be found in the article as of 9:42am (cst):
- LTB Audio Systems Magnum 5.1 FX Headset for Game consoles and HD audio content ::: Digg
- LTB Audio Systems ARIO Wireless Technology
(look for pictures of these products later tonight!)
- Geil is working on a prototype memory stick that will hook up directly to the PSU & will have a voltage adjustment directly on the stick itself. This means no more BIOS chip!
- Geil is also going to be releasing their "1160 Plus" memory that is PC2-9280, runs at 1100MHz, has timings of 4-4-4-12, and requires 2.45V. They're hoping to release 1Gb & 2gb Dual channel kits by March.
- More news from the Geil booth: The "Black Dragon Gaming Series" of DDR2 Memory. This series runs at 800Mhz, has a CAS timing of 3 and is being targeted at gamers. Word from the booth indicated that these chips have been seeing some extremely high overclocks.
- Vapoli.com was running a phase change setup on an Intel Quad core at 4.1Ghz with temps hovering around -35° to -40°C
- Patriot Memory has the world's fastest memory. How fast you ask? Try 1302Mhz! Also on display at the Patriot booth was some engineering samples of DDR3
- Razer has a few new products at CES. They have their "Mako" 2.1 Gaming speakers, their new gaming mouse, the "DeathAdder", as well as a few examples of their Razer Pro|Solutions
- In addition, Microsoft has released the Reclusa, a gaming keyboard that is "Powered by Razer" ::: Digg
CES @ 10:10pm (cst) Update:
- The new Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Windows Vista lets you quickly transfer your MP3s and photos as well as your files and emails from your Windows XP-based computer to your PC running Windows Vista.
- The S6F “Pink Edition,” the newest member of ASUS’ luxurious Leather Collection line, is a notebook that would be right at home in fashion districts from New York to Milan.
Edited by sdy284, 11 January 2007 - 05:21 PM.