Antec Vs Ocz

I just read a very lengthy review of psu's from 10 major brandnames and it was quite interesting as I was looking at purchasing the OCZ until I discovered it failed the tests they ran

The most stable and efficient PSU that they could recommend was the Seasonic S12-600HT 600W ATX12V 20/24 Pin V2.0 Active PFC Power Supply

I've heard they have now completed a revision of this product and it now comes with braided cables also and the cable length was also measured in the tests

this one was very impressive

My vote goes to the Seasonic as well..

but of the two you mentioned, I would choose the OCZ. As others have mentioned, Antec has really gone downhill with thier power supplies... many have died simply because of bad fuhjyyu (two bads in a row? like a bad -bad?) caps.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pick the Antec one. Antec is a highly reliable company. Well know for their PSUs.

:blink::huh:

* slaps UkJenT with an Antec PSU *

I'd recommend a Codegen PSU before an Antec (any day) :P:rolleyes:

Seriously, while they continue to use substandard components (namely Fuhjyyu cap's) their products will remain a poor comparison to any high end PSU like an OCZ :D

However... once recapped and modded with higher spec' fans they're awesome units! :D

antec has cleaned up thier act in the last few months. at least from what I've been told. my new 500w ones are up and running but the jury is still out.

OCZ on the hand has bothered me. very low on the 3.3v rail :(

if $$$ is not a concern and you want 100% quality power go supermicro. of course you'll spend at least $300 on one of thiers.

also check out enermax and enlight. both make great PSU's at fair prices.

The only antecs i have are the 350w ones that came in a few cases. They are relegated to the farm. I have a 520w powerstream and 700w gamextream and both have done well. The 520 had stable rails and voltage under load stayed right on the money. The 700w has run a little low on the 3.3v line it runs around 3.28-3.29 tested with a voltmeterunder load. The 12v and 5v are right on the money. I like OCZ.

:blink::huh:

* slaps UkJenT with an Antec PSU *

I'd recommend a Codegen PSU before an Antec (any day) :P:rolleyes:

Seriously, while they continue to use substandard components (namely Fuhjyyu cap's) their products will remain a poor comparison to any high end PSU like an OCZ :D

However... once recapped and modded with higher spec' fans they're awesome units! :D

Slaps Tazwegion, even the all mighty BigRed agrees that Antec is a better choice over OCZ. :P

I just bought the 700W GameXStream. Everyone says that Antec has been slipping lately, but I've been out of the loop so I dunno... Anyways, the GameXStreams are made by FSP (Fortron), so you know the quality is good (and just look at all the glowing reviews).

Slaps Tazwegion, even the all mighty BigRed agrees that Antec is a better choice over OCZ. :P

not the almighty anything.

I just happen to go thru so darn many power supplies, that I get to see the good and the bad. 6 months ago... I wouldn't touch an antec. I got stuck with a bunch of em due to my order. now I have to say they've held up. the few OCZ I got... I put them in the same ball park as codegen. also had a slew of those things bad thru the stores. I'd take "low" rails over NO rails and smoke any day.