Giving Priority To Irq To Speed Up System.

Stmason

This tweak will give top priority to whatever device you want.

Fierst goto Start> run> regedit> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl

Create a new Dword value named IRQ#Priority with the # being whatever device you wish to give priority to. Give the device a "Value" of 1. (IRQ8Priority =1)

It was reccommended that "System CMOS/Real Time Clock " be given priority as this will increase just about everything on your system. Mine is at IRQ 8. Yours probably is as well if its a store bought system, but double check by going to control panel> system>hardware>device manager, and changing the view to "resources by type">interrupt request.

restart your computer. :bah:

If anybody will list 2 more tweaks here, I'll send you a message telling you where I found this one. ( and for those of you who know anyway, don't tell! maybe it will get more people to contribute :)

• 6 months later...

:D If you tweak the nipples on a horny woman, she'll do things that overclocked pc's never thought of! :P

But seriously, the more people who post here, the more I learn about my system. I still haven't fixed my stupid stutter/stall/continue problem, but I'm reading about it all over the net...

Remember, with PC's, you put the SOFTware into the HARDware....

Hammerhead1st.... That comment has nothing to do with the topic. Stmason, Nice Job finding that out. Thats the cool thing about windows there all types of ticks you can do that make your system run faster.

dude what are you talkin about? made perfect sense to me....

j/p :P

what is there some contest goin on that's gonna make ppl start spammin again???

You don't think my reply was spam, do you? :angry:

I was just trying to keep a light atmosphere while keeping the thread alive. I'd personally LOVE to see tips posted here with the source page. I'm hoping the tweaks I see here might help my problem that I have. :bah:

Anyhow...Perhaps ther was a spam post I missed. Keep posting tweaks so I may learn more!! I tried the priority tweak. Haven't noticed an overall improvement really, but I'm hot for trying new stuff to improve my system!! :blink:

No spam here...I prefer naturally cased and packaged meat products...

This tweak will give top priority to whatever device you want.

Fierst goto Start> run> regedit> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl

Create a new Dword value named IRQ#Priority with the # being whatever device you wish to give priority to. Give the device a "Value" of 1. (IRQ8Priority =1)

It was reccommended that "System CMOS/Real Time Clock " be given priority as this will increase just about everything on your system. Mine is at IRQ 8. Yours probably is as well if its a store bought system, but double check by going to control panel> system>hardware>device manager, and changing the view to "resources by type">interrupt request.

restart your computer. :bah:

If anybody will list 2 more tweaks here, I'll send you a message telling you where I found this one. ( and for those of you who know anyway, don't tell! maybe it will get more people to contribute :)

do you know where i can go to change my irq values? my modem and video card are sharing IRQ 19 and i want to change my modem one. cool tweak though

You don't think my reply was spam, do you? :angry:

I was just trying to keep a light atmosphere while keeping the thread alive. I'd personally LOVE to see tips posted here with the source page. I'm hoping the tweaks I see here might help my problem that I have. :bah:

Anyhow...Perhaps ther was a spam post I missed. Keep posting tweaks so I may learn more!! I tried the priority tweak. Haven't noticed an overall improvement really, but I'm hot for trying new stuff to improve my system!! :blink:

ya ok...... you must have a lot of time on your hands.......

You don't think my reply was spam, do you?  :angry:

I was just trying to keep a light atmosphere while keeping the thread alive. I'd personally LOVE to see tips posted here with the source page. I'm hoping the tweaks I see here might help my problem that I have.  :bah:

ya ok...... you must have a lot of time on your hands.......

...and your point would be.....what? :withstupid: I tried to post something that would help give a smile to some folks, but the flames burned my face. Sorry. Back to lurking...

:ph34r: