Socket 939 Oc Competition (single/dual)

hardnrg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The higher the max case temp the better the overclocking potential. It could mean better clocks at lower volts or just higher clocks. By the way i dont run my max stable clocks in chilled air. I have to have stability above all else even in a 27c room. Thats why i run ORTHOS for 24hrs plus to find my max stable clocks. I know how warm my enviroment gets and i work with it. By showing it that way i have a realistic representation of what my particular chip can and cannot do.

3135!!!! good lord!

that bodes well for a stable oc around 3ghz then i guess (going on other suicide results) :)

and before you say anything again ccokeman, where's *your* suicides huh? and spi1m's? are you too scared to push your cpu that high? eh? lol...

scaredy cat! :lol::P

Edited by hardnrg

caffeine, either you buy good steppings/pretested, or you're on lucky bastard! Why can't I have this kinna luck when picking up parts for my rig?

lol kinda hard to pretest a RMA replacement from AMD. Maybe they just like me and gave me a 0601 cause im sweet. Come on king top me with your naked 4400.

Edited by caffeinejunkie

that'll be hard... the stepping is listed in the Xtremesystems thread as "avoid if you want to . 2.8 and above".... However it does seem like I got a temp improvement making it naked, I am running 2-3C lower on load than before... Not a big deal, but yea...

3135!!!! good lord!

that bodes well for a stable oc around 3ghz then i guess (going on other suicide results) :)

and before you say anything again ccokeman, where's *your* suicides huh? and spi1m's? are you too scared to push your cpu that high? eh? lol...

scaredy cat! :lol::P

my 3800 now resides in my sons epox motherboard and well i dont know if i can pull the clocks out of it that i could on my dfi. I will get to work on my opteron and pull some 3ghz plus screenies by saturday. But like i said screenies are nice to look at but give me real world everyday stability. In no way am i afeared to show some screenies at or above 3 ghz. Now that the Opteron is not my primary rig anymore it will burn to get some clocks out of it. The 3800 will not get cooked for this one, i promised not to!

But like i said screenies are nice to look at but give me real world everyday stability.

that's why there's phase 1 and phase 2... first one for fun, second one for showing the stability

ok, well waiting for spi32m is kinda borderline fun rofl...

i wanna new cpu to oc! :(

but i think any sort of upgrade is going to be psus and maybe a mobo for my two other rigs

Guest buick454wnos

tkopwned0ds.jpg

stock air cooling

load at 45

the voltage i upped more than needed becuase i was on a POS board at the time

untitled6hm.jpg

picture17430np.jpg

also got this for the single core competit.

kickedyoass4nf.jpg

picture523custom7oi.jpg

Edited by buick454wnos