Socket 939 Oc Competition (single/dual)

hardnrg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, talk about temps, I just spent like 1.5 hours moving my rig back into my case. I can tell you, its a pain arranging 2x 7800GT's and 2 HDDs right behind each other. Its really millimeter work now ;)

But yea, nice 3-5C drop on F@H, I can't complain... even quieter now... me is happy

Todays Update:

SuperPi 1m @2.75ghz:

275ghz11nc6.th.jpg

SuperPi 32m @2.75ghz:

275ghz11bi3.th.jpg

Suicide @3047mhz:

3047mhzgk4.th.jpg

Im taking it slow with 50mhz increases a day and the suicide could have been higher but I got bored and jumped the gun for 3090 and didnt feel like starting over.

Edited by caffeinejunkie

regarding the post I made 2 or 3 days ago about next to no space between cards and HDDs, check this pic:

slihhdsio8.th.jpg

But I also have some new stuff (although still crappy clocks): 1M 2700MHz @ X2 4400+ CCBWE 0607UPDW

1m2700mhzeu3.th.jpg

Keep them coming, I'm still trying towards 2.8 stable ;)

it really is hard to push my cpu... i think i've hit a wall... my stepping appears on a list of cpu's NOT to get to expect >2.8GHz... and the 1MB per core seems to make it a bit harder i think... my real world 24/7 stable is somewhere between 2.8 and 2.835... 2.835 will produce hardlocks in F.E.A.R. and a couple other games after a few hours, but i can run SP2004 Orthos >24 hours @ 2.850...

i'm currently running at 2.8 because i have negative time to be tweaking right now... but i'd need sub-ambient cooling to improve my oc on this cpu... and it'd have to be WELL below ambient because running at 10 degrees lower load the other day on a cold air oc session got me slightly higher spi1m... but barely... i dunno if the colder temps gives linear improvement... but it doesn't look promising to me

i'm mostly happy that the livelocks in games is down to the cpu instability at 2.835 and not the gpu oc's, so i can ramp those back up to where they were instead of the slight knock-down i've been running them at...

i think the 67 maxtcase of junkie's cpu is looking VERY promising going on the trend of single core maxtcase results, and how the best stepping seemed to have a correlation with highest maxtcase... :)