Photo
- - - - -

Rma Cheat Sheet

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#25 Aeromun

Aeromun

Its all about summoning demons and sweet axes.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:29 PM

i just RMAed my mp3 player and a pair of headphones to new egg over the net..no problems here so i guess im lucky...

i would like to believe im not lucky and that newegg is just awesome
but im not sure after reading all this :s

I would like to RMA my x700 ,but after i took off the stock HSF, i lost on of the springy screws.Being convinced i couldnt buy one at a hardware store at the time, i ripped out the fan and messed with it.Then got pissed and threw it out..boy do i regret that now.

#26 Arkadiy

Arkadiy

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:37 PM

If you send something in for RMA and it doesn't meet requirements do they send it back to your or just keep it? :huh:
Core 2 Due E6600 Conroe
Xtasy x800
ASUS P5B Deluxe
2GB Patriot DDR2 800
Logitech Elite Keyboard and MX518 Mouse
17" ViewSonic LCD (really want to get a 20"+ widescreen)

#27 hardnrg

hardnrg

Overclocking the i7... finally

• Honorary Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16487 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:31 PM

I would like to RMA my x700 ,but after i took off the stock HSF, i lost on of the  springy screws.Being convinced i couldnt buy one at a hardware store at the time, i ripped out the fan and messed with it.Then got pissed and threw it out..boy do i regret that now.

View Post

you could always find someone that has modded an x700 so heavily that an rma is out of the question... after i removed the shim, epoxied ramsinks onto, and volt-modded my 9800pro, i really didn't have any use for the stock heatsink... so i gave it away... pretty sure for free :)

( How To Ask A Question ) · ( [email protected] Sigpics ) · ( Rules ) · ( USB Bootdrive ) · ( Modding & Computer Stores ) · ( OCC facebook.png )
i7 920 D0 @ 21x196=4116, HT on · D-Tek Fuzion v1 · 3x2GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-10666 @ DDR1176, 8-8-8-22-1T
BFG/XFX GTX260 Maxcore SLI @ 756/1512/1188 (Swiftech MCW60-R + Swiftech GTX200) · Asus P6T Deluxe V2
X-Fi XtremeMusic (Hotrodded) · PCP&C Silencer 750

Athlon II X4 635 @ 2900 · 2x 2GB PC2-6400 · HD5550 1GB · Asus M4A77D · Antec Neopower 480

EeePC 1000H @ 12x164=1965 · 1x 2GB Corsair VS PC2-5300 · Gigabyte Aircruiser N300 GN-WI06N

#28 LivingGhost

LivingGhost

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

I am RMA'ing a CPU I bought, then decided to send back to NewEgg, no problem. AMD on the other hand wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. NOTHING. They told me to contact the manufacturer.

BTW, is it OK to seal packages with duct-tape? It's all I have and I am too cheap to shell out for a new box and tape.

#29 bigred

bigred

Don't even get me started

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

amd IS the manufacturer of the cpu. how could they tell you that. of course there are very strict guildlines they demand you follow before tyring to RMA to them.
Some people are like Slinkies. Totally useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you push them down the stairs.

#30 Arkadiy

Arkadiy

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:02 AM

Once again, can someone answer this for me:

If you send something in for RMA and it doesn't meet requirements do they send it back to your or just keep it?
Core 2 Due E6600 Conroe
Xtasy x800
ASUS P5B Deluxe
2GB Patriot DDR2 800

#31 r_target

r_target

forgotten but not gone

• Folding Member
  • 5947 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:10 AM

If you send something in for RMA and it doesn't meet requirements do they send it back to your or just keep it?

View Post

My understanding is that you pay return postage. I've never had to do it though, so I don't know for sure.
Core2 [email protected]|Abit IP35 Pro|Mushkin XP2 6400 2x1GB|EVGA 8800GTS Superclock|Douglas SBD-3 Posted Image

#32 bigred

bigred

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:10 PM

View Post

depends on who you sent it to. Sony for example will want a CC number in order to return it.

AMD will just turn around and send it back with an SOL note
Some people are like Slinkies. Totally useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you push them down the stairs.

#33 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19462 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:56 PM

amd IS the manufacturer of the cpu.  how could they tell you that.  of course there are very strict guildlines they demand you follow before tyring to RMA to them.

View Post

:withstupid: something seems fishy there.

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti - 16GB DDR3-1866MHz - Acer Predator X34 -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Review ::: Acer Predator X34 Review :::

#34 Arkadiy

Arkadiy

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:16 PM

depends on who you sent it to.  Sony for example will want a CC number in order to return it.

AMD will just turn around and send it back with an SOL note

View Post

I kinda got a crack on the actual LCD screen and even though the iPod turns on it says "Please contact iPod Support blah blah blah". If I try to RMA it and they say no would they just send it back or would they keep it?
Core 2 Due E6600 Conroe
Xtasy x800
ASUS P5B Deluxe
2GB Patriot DDR2 800

#35 bigred

bigred

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

what part of "it depends" don't you get? some companies will either send it back, others will charge you for wasting thier time.

#36 LivingGhost

LivingGhost

Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:25 PM

:withstupid: something seems fishy there.

View Post

Seriously. They said to take it up with the retailer. I asked, "What if they don't except and RMA?" "I don't know." ????