45 replies to this topic

#13 gravy

gravy

Habitual Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2799 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

9:  thank the people on the phone.  remind them that you're thankful for thier help.  kissing thier behinds is a good thing.

10:  ship insured... and NOT via UPS.  UPS will not ship electroncics without you paying them to pack it...  even if it IS broken to begin with.  get a tracking number (some companies require it).  also recomend not shipping via DHL (Destroyed Heaved or Lost).
if you need any help on specifics on companies please PM or IM I'd be glad to help out.

View Post

i agree with everything here, especially bragging about how great their product and he/she has been, i used to work a phone doing customer service, and as wrong as it may be, i have seen a beligerant customer get NO warranty service

i am not sure about the UPS statement though, my company ships millions in electronic components every year from pc's to individual circuit boards and we do all of our own packing, i also have had no issues shipping pc parts to people i sell to on ebay

Nice list.

But isn't it better to RMA a proccessor or motherboard back to were you bought it from if you went and overclocked it to much and wreaked it?

View Post

i thought so too, but it turned out in Monarch's case, instead of giving me a new replacement immediately, they simply shipped my mobo off to Abit for me, all it did was serve to put a monkey in the middle, making it take about a week longer

let me just add that in most companies, the VP of Sales can get more done than anyone, if there's one thing sales knows, it's that happy customers make good business, which makes good $$$, which is the ONLY reason said company is in existance, if the tech support person gives you a hard way to go, be nice, and ask to speak to the VP of Sales, explain NICELY that the way you feel you are being treated makes you wonder why you or anyone else you come in contact with should ever buy another one of their products........that the sales equivalent of "talking bad about their momma", you will likely end up getting satisfaction

Opteron 150 @ 2.820Ghz
2 x 512MB Crucial Ballistix 1:1
eVga NF41 SLI mobo
eVga 7800GT max OC 530/1260
Audigy 2

#14 bigears

bigears

Thanking god for insurance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:08 PM

i must admit that RMAing to ebuyer isn't much good. i sent them a requeast about a DOA Lite-on DVD drive. they asked me lots of questions about what i did, then when i sent it back, a got a nice email back telling me that it was DOA. A week later, i got another email telling me i would get a refund (not a replacement as was originally agreed in the RMA request conformation. no doubt this was to save them extra shipping costs).

i will bear this post in mind this in future.
Remember kids, always use surge protection.

New sig-pic coming soon...

#15 bigred

bigred

Don't even get me started

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Gravy that's a good point. that's why I don't suggest starting with the support / RMA department. call corporate HQ. if that call gets transfered over they KNOW something is up in the call center. that way it's not an outside call, and lord knows which higher ranking member of the food chain you've already talked to.

as far as Abit's RMA... that may have been a better way to go, dealing with the lower forms of life @ the Hseng Tech facility gets old fast. that's one of the reason I refused to carry anything by Abit, Soyo, ECS, PC chips, Matsonic or any of thier other siblings. once I saw that address to send sales requests to, I put them on the black list.
Some people are like Slinkies. Totally useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you push them down the stairs.

#16 Gr4vitas

Gr4vitas

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1730 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

ya dont bother even going onto there web site for help unless your getting there number....the only way i will do businis besides ordering stuff is over the phone...(imo thats the only way to get stuff done with some company's)

i5 2500k @ 5.5ghz 1.5v 45°c || 6970 @ 1000/1500 || Corsair Vengence 8gb 1600 @ 1740
Haf x - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Swiftech Apogee HD - swiftech MCP655 - XSPC RS360
Video of the build

#17 alown

alown

Still an ATI fanboy!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

phone is the way to go.
AMD Thuban X6 1055T @ 4.0Ghz
Corsair H70 & Cool Master HAF 932 (painted)
8GB of PC12800 OCZ Reaper @ 1900Mhz
ASUS Crosshair IV
2 WD Blacks in 0 RAID
AIT 6870 @ 960 gpu 1140 mem
Cooler Master GX 750W

#18 Arkadiy

Arkadiy

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Anyone have any experience with Apple? Especiall on water damage =\

For more info on my problem: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/I'm...pod-t59029.html
Core 2 Due E6600 Conroe
Xtasy x800
ASUS P5B Deluxe
2GB Patriot DDR2 800
Logitech Elite Keyboard and MX518 Mouse
17" ViewSonic LCD (really want to get a 20"+ widescreen)

#19 Dtaylor

Dtaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 11:42 AM

Who should I RMA to? My Dad's micro-ATX board overheated. The CPU is still good, but capacitors are leaking. Not OC'd, but the problem was that Circle Pine Computers didn't put in a case fan. Should I RMA to Cirle pine, or Aopen(mobo company)

EDIT: everything was at stock, it was built by circle pine. I made no modifcations.

Edited by Dtaylor, 20 October 2005 - 11:43 AM.

#20 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 11309 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

I had a Intel 3.2C go bad from O.C.ing to much, I had no problem doing it on the net they sent me a new one. I had a 36gb Raptor go out and done it on the net, mine was on the way and there new one was on the way at the same time. I had a P4C800 Deluxe I bought at Frys die from water damage, (peltiers and Danger Dens system)I bought another M.B. and the serial# jumped of one on to the dead one and I returned it and got another M.B. no problem. Along with the water damage an ATI 9800 All in Wonder died I done it on the net, sent it to them with no HSF and they sent me a new one. I guess I was lucky.

I7-6900K Asus X99 Deluxe 2 Corsair Vengeance 32Gb Intel 750 400gb  2- 1080ti

sigimage.gif

#21 Davan

Davan

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Good list of manufacturers technical support numbers if you cannot locate one:

http://www.monarchco...y_Code=MFGPages

#22 bigred

bigred

Don't even get me started

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

Anyone have any experience with Apple? Especiall on water damage =\

For more info on my problem: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/I'm...pod-t59029.html

View Post

water damage is REALLY tough to tell in electronics. I suggest making sure you don't have any soap residue and play dumb with em. it should get it RMA'd.
Some people are like Slinkies. Totally useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you push them down the stairs.

#23 Dtaylor

Dtaylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:58 PM

From what I read, he already got it RMA'd.

EDIT: warranty on the board went out a little under a year ago :(

Edited by Dtaylor, 01 November 2005 - 03:11 PM.

#24 suchuwato

suchuwato

suchapotato was formerly known as lego

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6318 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:53 PM

UPS were good for my brother's iPod rma (quick and free :)) but ParcelForce (in the UK) aren't a good choice to send with. They are okay for recieving stuff (cheap) but they never turn up when you ask them to.