Overclocking Amd64 3400+

alright... stock is 2210MHz... right now, im at 2277.0MHz with a 11x multiplier and FSB at 207MHz HTT. I can overclock anywhere between 200 and 300MHz. VCore is currently increased to 1.575.

Ive searched google for info on this, and havent much light shed on the situation... anyone here want enlighten me?

How far until 'something bad' happens? :huh:

alright... stock is 2210MHz... right now, im at 2277.0MHz with a 11x multiplier and FSB at 207MHz HTT. I can overclock anywhere between 200 and 300MHz. VCore is currently increased to 1.575.

Ive searched google for info on this, and havent much light shed on the situation... anyone here want enlighten me?

How far until 'something bad' happens?  :huh:

482240[/snapback]

**edited** read more carefully :P**edit**

Edited by puckdracon

How is it running so slow I got the same cpu and motherboard as you and my amd64 3400+ runs at a stock speed of 2403mhz.

How is it running so slow I got the same cpu and motherboard as you and my amd64 3400+ runs at a stock speed of 2403mhz.

482307[/snapback]

It sounds like he has a ClawHammer and you have a New Castle.

Guest Raven65

Keep going till the system becomes unstable. Then back it down little by little till it restabilizes. then your there.

OC it until it becomes unstable then get back with us to help you troubleshoot how to get it stable. Just for reference my 3400+ does 2.8ghz on stock cooling, but it is a NC core and well it's me OCing it lol. :P

i used SuperPi (1M, 8M, 32M) then 3DMark05 (cpu test) and then Memtest86 overnight for stability...

everything else was just not good enough of a test (ie. it could pass other tests while not actually being stable)