In Need Of Major Help!

czGLoRy

ok... i had two hard driveshooked up in my computer, meaning that i had to unplug my cdrw drive. Everything worked fine, had all the stuff from the other drive that i wanted to beburned to a CD on my own hard drive, so i wanted to hook up the CDRw.

It wouldnt work... it wouldnt detect it, at all, soi changed the wide grey chords around.

Now, i guess that my first slot for the wide chords (ide1?) works fine, since when i put in my friends hard drive, it works, but when i putin mine, it doesnt detect it at all.

I can get my friends Hd to be "master" on channel one,l and the CDRW to be slave, but MY hd wontbe detected, and if its hooked up it also wont detect the CDRW.

I need this computer very badly, and have very little money. If there is anyone who could help i wouldbemuch obliged, and if anyone needs clarification to help me i willbe checking this constantly until the problemis resolved. Thanks.

i think my HD blew out

Why don't you return your configuration to how it was when it was working and make sure your hard drive is still good. After that if you have three IDE drives total you can set both the hard drives to master and put them on seperate IDE channels. If that works then set the CD to slave and put it on the first IDE channel.

BTW the "large grey CHORDS", - cords, are called IDE cables and you don't need to unplug a hard drive to use a cdrom.

Why don't you return your configuration to how it was when it was working and make sure your hard drive is still good.  After that if you have three IDE drives total you can set both the hard drives to master and put them on seperate IDE channels.  If that works then set the CD to slave and put it on the first IDE channel. 

BTW the "large grey CHORDS", - cords, are called IDE cables and you don't need to unplug a hard drive to use a cdrom.

460122[/snapback]

i had my friends HD working, and it detected it, then all i did was change the IDE going to his HD to mine, and i rebooted and it didnt detect it. I only have one ide cable with two parts to plug into drives, and one for my A drive.

idont know how to set anything to slavce or master, or anything. I keep getting a "boot from cd" msg too, because no hd.

please state your HD brand and model and let me see if i can help you changing the settings of your HD

460151[/snapback]

western digital wd2000 WD Caviar Se