500? Vs 805

kimbawannadie2

i just went through the stanford list of occ 12772

from around 516 or so to 805...its all pretty much

0 cpus last 50

0 cpus last 7

thats 300 cpu's gone.... not folding..... and the few 20 - 50 rig farms can't make up the differance

thats a side effect of the contests to some degree, it gets alot of people folding to "get something" free, and then when they lose they dont care, but it's all good, the ones who keep folding are doing a good thing

I guess that we just need to have a contest every month. I think that we pretty much do that. I wish all the OCC members that aren't folding would. But they can't read this. I will continue to fold regardless of any contests.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Why_I_F...est-t46273.html

Well that is just the way some people are, there selfish, they want the prize and then stop folding as you said. I fold all the time and have been for quiet some time, I know its for a good cause something I may need myself or other people who become sick. I may or may not see the cures in my lifetime but at least I am willing to help out for the future. I guess we just need to give something away monthly as you said a gig of RAM or something, they will probably fold for anything free thats just the way some people are, you say free and they will spend more than what the prize cost to try to win it!

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

I guess that we just need to have a contest every month. I think that we pretty much do that. I wish all the OCC members that aren't folding would. But they can't read this. I will continue to fold regardless of any contests.

441609[/snapback]

same here....but i would like to see occ move from 23 spot upward......only way is to get everyone having at least one rig folding

maby a layered contest.... prizes wouldn't be big......but for those with 20 + cpu's and then one for those with less then 20 cpu's?

so the people with only one rig stand a chance of winning something....then maby they will realize it is for a good cause...... and keep folding, though idealy you would like to have them realize the good cause first.....

if everyone just left their one sole computer running f@h its still 4 times the number of all the farms put together....i think

maby a special pinned [open to everyone] section to view but not post.... where there's recognition of the new folding members.....maby make sure they get the folding sig if they want one... even if they haven't been a member for the 90 day wait :foldon::foldon:

441609[/snapback]

Me too, although I don't fold for OCC anymore, I'm still folding, it's not about the points, it's more about finding a cure.

maby a special pinned [open to everyone] section to view but not post.... where there's recognition of the new folding members.....maby make sure they get the folding sig if they want one... even if they haven't been a member for the 90 day wait :foldon:  :foldon:

442305[/snapback]

You don't have to be a member for 90-days to get a folding team sig - you just have to turn in your first WU and wait for the automated script to recognize you as a member.

I jus realized that I have a bunch of spare parts lying around, and that all I would need to get a rig up and running just to fold would be a stick of RAM and an optical drive.

Gonna find me a 256/512MB stick of RAM, an optical drive (should have one lying around somewhere), install Linux (need the stability since I won't have access to the rig all the time) and then I'm set to fold. Of course, if Linux doesn't recognize my wireless card, then I'm sorta stuck with Windows, which would suck if I had anything less than 512MB RAM.........man, there goes the cheap route.........

But hey, an OCed 2800 Barton should help boost my score (and OCC's) a bit.