Fx-55 And Folding

Kamikaze_Badger

i don't know, maybe they didn't have the money.

but what i love it that the 2800 sempron beets the 3.43 P4 EE in tinkers. think about teh price difference.

i think we shud decide on the "perfect folder" so that those who want to build forms know exactly what hardware to get in order to get the best performance and for those who don't, becuase they either don't have the space or money, to look at and wonder in the glory!

what do u reckon?

it would be difficult: most processors that are really good at tinkers, may not be so good at gromacs. then we have the issue of more complex units being sent out to folders, like the 600pt gromacs. there are bound to be newer, more complex WU's scheduled for the future.

but yes, if someone is happy folding just smaller units or just larger units, i think a guide would be good. ie/ with stock speed and with O/C speeds

i think we shud decide on the "perfect folder" so that those who want to build forms know exactly what hardware to get in order to get the best performance and for those who don't, becuase they either don't have the space or money, to look at and wonder in the glory!

what do u reckon?

442674[/snapback]

That's not really posible because diffent machines will be better at differnt WU,

AMD for Tinkers, INTEL for Gromacs, AMD64 for QMC*

Just build what you want and then put foldign on it.

I'm currently working a a data set as I play around with my new machine to see if RAM timings matter in folding. SHoudl be interesting