Fx-55 And Folding

Kamikaze_Badger

ummmmm KB! Why wouldn't it be? hmmmm it is an AMD that runs at 2.6ghz. uhhhh nah couldn't be a good folder :lol: haha dude seriously why even ask that?

Well, I was referring to it's ability to get through with the binary interface. If it's like the x86 Athlon architecture in the sense that it interprets the x86 into MacroOp or something like that, then it would hinder performance a bit.

I've only got $20, so no, I'm not getting one... unless you know where they sell for $20. I've seen $894 Retail box at the lowest with Froogle.

Those numbers don't compare to actual performance. At least not what I've observed. Is the Gromacs time supposed to be an average time of all the Gromacs WU's at the time of the benchmark? There's lots of different Gromacs that take different times per frame.

Why is the A64 (s939) below the (s754) for gromacs, or an I reading incorrectly.

438668[/snapback]

754 have 1 MB cache, Folding LOVES cache

I wish we coudl put together a big set of data so we would know, and besides different Wu have different points ratios so it slowly distorts with time. But that graph still tells us one Big thing, AMD is more competative on Tinker then gromacs. For guys who use EMIII does it keep a full log ov every WU you've done? we could extrapolate from there?