Super Cooling

ok this is a little theory of mine i have been thinking of from when i used to dragrace

cool cans ... the ones i rember were coiled copper tubing in a can... inlet at top... coiling down inside of can to an outlet at the bottom... but these were filled with cold water..water ice, or DRY ICE.... to cool charge the fuel, condence it down to get more fuel into the engine.. fuel+air=horsepower

why can't this same princiaple be applied to cooling your cpu and gpu? maby need to run 2 pumps?

i am thinking along these lines because i am a dual cpu guy.... i know next to nothing of water cooled rigs.... but i have decided my next system will have h2o... and i want it to run cool, very cool.... so theres the idea... will some of you h2o gurus ... help kick around some thoughts to make it workable for 2 cpus and a gpu

or am i just dreamming and its not workable? input please

I think there are water chilling kits available, but the reason a lot of people don't do it is that running the water temps below ambient temps necessitates insulating the motherboard around the CPU socket due to condensation probs.

yea I have seen DryIce cooling on cpu's before but the problem is that with this kind of cooling condensation gets VERY risky. If you want super cooling with the least possible risk of condensation then a Phase Change unit like a Vapochill is probably your best bet.

or get a custom one that is colder than both of those for $450~

437675[/snapback]

If you know where people can get a custom PS unit for ~$450 then I am very curious as I would probably jump on a custom one at that price :)

If you want to still use water then make a water chiller. Just pick up a ac unit, pump, tubes, cpu block, and res. It is not hard to make a water chiller, and you do not need to gas it.