Why I Fold Contest Or No Contest

road-runner

I'd be curious to see if any doctors know about the folding@home program be sure to keep asking around when you go in. :)

432998[/snapback]

Oh I will and have been asking but havent asked but a couple people, I will be seeing several doctors in the next few days and I sure am going to ask.

:foldon:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

road-runner, man I wish you all the best. "Adversity doesn't make a person stronger, it is how you handle it" remember how you handle what life throw's at you today makes you better prepared for tommorrow. :) and :foldon:

Another wasted day in my opinion. I was there for my 11:00am appointment and it was with an internal medicene doctor that I could only understan about half of what he was trying say. All I know is he added some more blood test to be done with the others tomorrow, I have to be there at 8 am means leaving at 6 for me to get there on time. I got a nurse to read the scedule for me as I do not understand medical words etc. so tomorrow there going to do x-rays or CT or MRI at 8 and take blood at 9:30. Monday will be the biopsy. There sure seem to waste a lot of peoples time and there own also. I will be glad when its all over and I get an answer if its cancer or not! Untill then :foldon:

Well they finally done something, took blood that was it, had to be there at 8am and I live like 60 or 65 miles from there.This is ridiculous, there going to do the biopsy 11pm Monday. road-runner is starting to hate MD Anderson. I went to my family doctor after I got back home today for more anti biotics, she said no you have done 2 - 10 day supplys and told me the best wound center around is here at Conroe Hospital they have those chambers they can put you in and all that stuff, I have seen it on TV. So I have an appointment the 10th and she told me how to care for my wounds etc. untill I get there. I guess MD Anderson is just for cancer and thats it, they did not even tell me how to care or what to do with the wounds.

I will be glad when its over and hope its just part of the vein disease and no cancer, then I can go here for my wounds, no more long drives and getting up early. This disease is listed in the disabilty book so I am applying, 2 back sugerys, and need a 3rd, Hepatitus C I should get it and I have worked enough to get $500.00 a week or $2,000.00 a month plus food stamps. I am not braging but I am glad every thing I have is paid for, I can make it I believe.

And thanks for all the support from the OCC members, now back to Folding!

My grandmother died of vasculitis pneumonia, so I've felt the pain. It started out with shingles, and she died after several years of pain.

Here's to hoping that you fare out better.

:foldon: :foldon: :foldon:

EDIT: And for anyone that wants to read up on what RR possibly has:

http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/6_1.htm

I hope that its not cancer, my Grandmother has beaten cancer 3 times and is still going strong. If it turns out to be cancer just remember shes like old and stuff and she beat it three times. You got better health than an old lady so you can handle it :P

Remember to be positive and stay strong.

Good luck to ya man!!! :D

Im trying to figure this folding thing out a little better, i hope to help once i do!