Delidding tool i7 8086

Not sure. I dont know what the temp were before. Doing some minor stress testing of just the cpu it get up as high as 85 deg C. I wish I had remembered to do before and after testing.

The delidding was easy and nothing to be afraid of. If you do it just make sure the relidding tool is on correctly before replacing and gluing the cpu heat sink.  

If you put liquid metal on both the IHS, and the chip die before relidding to prevent any air gaps,.. your good to go.

My hottest profile is 5.3GHz @ 1.44V and on a warm day I'll hit 85c,.. normally I run at 5.0GHz @ 1.28V.

At 1440P/4K your not going to see more than three FPS difference in most games, running 5.3 vs 5.0,.. only thing you will see is a shit ton more heat.  

Edited by Braegnok

I only added to the chip. Didn't think about the hs side. Running at 5.2 gig with 1.37vdc on cpu it gets up to 60 deg C whild playing farcry 4. Seems a bit warm. I dont think I can remove the lid now that I used super glue to rebond it.

So after doing a lot of reading about acetone on pcb's it seems to be safe. I think I will give it a try this weekend.

Fingers X. I think the super glue has caused the HS to raise up just a bit causing poor contact. We will see. :)

Edited by dling

After doing the delidding  on my cpu again Saturday morning my at rest temps when from 38 deg C to 31 deg C and went from 60 deg C too aruund

48 to 50 deg C while playing Farcry 4. Thats much more in line with I expected to see.The acetone worked great removing the superglue and helping me

get the ihs off the proc and cleaned up. Thanks for you help guys. :)