• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 omkarsawant

omkarsawant

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:39 AM

Hi all

I tried doing some of my own research but got confused by all the jargon thrown around on google.
Recently bought a laptop for gaming and I’m looking to pl https://www.happywheels.vip/ay on ethernet as i hear it’s a lot better than wifi. Problem is the modem is on my first floor and I want to play on the 2nd floor in my bedroom. I’ve went around the house and found this closet which from some research I’ve found has something to do with wiring and that I’d have to eventually hook stuff up? Here’s the modem which is on the main floor  And the Ethernet wall jack in my room How do I go about setting this all up? https://ccleaner.vip/ 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by omkarsawant, 30 July 2018 - 10:13 AM.

#2 sticknstone

sticknstone

Good Times!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:50 AM

It looks as if all the equipment is set up, so all you need to do is get an ethernet patch cable of sufficient length and plug one end into the wall plug and the other end into your laptop.

Gigabyte mobo GA-MA790GP-DS4H, AMD Phenom x4 CPU 9950 BE 3.08 GHz

#3 SpikeSoprano

SpikeSoprano

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:05 AM

Agree with Sticknstone, seems like all the wall plugs are wired, so just plug into one and your good to go as long as the splitter is wired to the modem. If it was done all at the same time it shouldbe wired right, if not you may have to run a cable from the modem to the splitter which will feed your wall plugs, happy surfing.

CPU>I7 2600K  -MB>GIGABYTE  Z68X-UD3H-B3-MEM>16 GB KINGSTON 1600 MHZ-COOLER> HYPER 212 EVO
VIDEO>NVIDIA GTX-1070-SSD>VERTEX 3 120 GB-HD>WD 2TB- G500 MOUSE
CASE>ROSEWILL CHALLENGER W/4 120MM FANS-PSU> 750WATT-MONITOR>24 INCH BENQ