Is it worth buying a graphics card right now? self.buildapc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reshampandey

reshampandey

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

Looking to build my first PC with around a £700 budget, predominantly for gaming (League of Legends, Fortnite etc) and a little bit of music production as I'm slowly getting into it (currently using LMMS).

Through a few days of research, I'm wondering is it worth getting a graphics card at all? I am thinking of getting a Ryzen CPU as I believe it has a graphics card built in? Then at a later date if the prices drop eventually I can get a graphics card as an upgrade. My thoughts in this are leaving out a graphics card I could potentially get an SSD and more RAM and just overall better components in other places.

Would this be a sensible decision? I have also been looking into pre builts but I kinda want to build my own as a little project.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by reshampandey, 17 July 2018 - 08:20 AM.

#2 bishop245

bishop245

So broke I can't even pay attention.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10022 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

If you want to game at decent frame rates yes you want a graphics card if you want to run the games at low level then no you don’t need one just a motherboard with video out puts in the io plate

#3 twosidedpolygon

twosidedpolygon

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 02:42 PM

The Ryzen CPUs you're referring to are the Ryzen 2200g and 2400g. They're great for those on a really tight budget, but you have more than enough budget for a discreet GPU, and it'll offer drastically better performance than one of those. With your budget, I reckon you could get an SSD anyway, and at your budget you won't be needing any more than 8GB of RAM.

#4 Pile

Pile

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:39 PM

For a graphics card, are you in a hurry, wait at least a month, for a new graphics card, why:

-The sales of the beginning of school are finished... phew... The real rebate starts;-)
-Miners are already overequipped and the market for drilling is downward... like Bitcoin;
-NVDIA starts with a new range... the series 20... The series 10 will sell at a discount...
-New graphics cards for players are starting to be sold at a reasonable price, especially before December 31st, the end of the manufacturer's fiscal year.

Open your eyes... The bargains are coming ;-)

Bye 

Pile

#5 road-runner

road-runner

Posting Machine

• Folding Member
  • 11335 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Thats a bot or a spammer post has links in it

Edited by road-runner, 06 September 2018 - 04:49 PM.

I7-6900K Asus X99 Deluxe 2 Corsair Vengeance 32Gb Intel 750 400gb  2- 1080ti

sigimage.gif