2 replies to this topic

#1 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11138 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

Which? conducted a survey of over 1,100 people and found that 21% of complaints had software compatibility issues. It also showed how 16% of users had problems with hardware.

Microsoft is obligated by law to help users with issues related to the Operating System bugs, so anyone experiencing problems should contact Microsoft instead of paying a third-party to fix them. This support is free, so watch out for scammers wanting to charge money for troubleshooting services. Many people have had issues with poor customer support, so if you can’t resolve your issue, it is recommended to return the product.

Source: The Inquirer

Back to original news post

#2 slick2500

slick2500

mmm beer

• Folding Member
  • 2359 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

One of the preview builds for Windows 10, none of my software works, either it doesn't load at all or I get some sort of error.

#3 AkakmanH

AkakmanH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

I've had a few issues.

Could no longer run Front Page. I maintain an old WEB page for a friend so I have to boot with Win7 to use it

Win10 destroyed all of the original MS Games. Fortunately I found a program to restore them. Now, occasionally, an update destroys them again which causes me to do a rebuild.

A recent Win10 upgrade wiped out all of my Office 2013 Pro software. Had to upgrade to Office 2016 Pro.

Win10 also forced me to use the Documents folder to avoid read only problem. Excel spread sheets could not be updated otherwise.

Had to install Spybot Anti-Beacon to stop Win10 upgrades from changing my security settings.

After every update I recheck all of my system settings to make sure that MS has not changed them

I do not trust MS not to turn on "sharing". They are sneaky that way

One last comment - do not believe that Win 10 32bit and 64bit are the same

They are not. Win10 64bit has a more robust OS and works faster.

Edited by AkakmanH, 13 June 2018 - 08:47 AM.

Reply to this topic