Ryzen 2600X or Ryzen 7 1700?

2700x has improved clocks and improved single threaded performance also the improved the memory latency on the infinity fabric so if ya can go the 2700 x it will work on x370 mbs to but. Thier bios needs to be updated

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Arent they (AMD) announcing brand new CPUs and GPUs at CES in January?  I'm waiting for those.

They will be a lot better, at good prices. They'll probably hit the market fairly soon after CES happens.

Also, the current batch of Ryzen CPUs will go down in price afterward.

Look Here for the scoop.

Edited by RealNeil

I suggest asking yourself how long you plan on keeping this 8 core chip. I was looking at the 2700x but since I knew the 3000 series would be coming next year, regardless of any announcements ahead, I knew it would be wise to wait until then if I was planning on keeping the next build for as long as my last one (8 years) so I once I saw the 1500x on sale for $139, that was the answer. I'll run it until thanksgiving next year when the 3700x hits on sale.

Reason being, the 3000 series will be on the AM4 socket, so the 1500x, which BTW is running at 4.0 on all cores [email protected], hums along just fine on pc3200 ram. If you have to build a system right now, like I did, then get everything you need for futureproofing, and grab a 1400x or 1500x or something in that price range and sit for the next year. I wasn't going to spend $300 on the 2700x only for a year later to have something show up for that same price and it be 25% faster/better/stronger. It is a big leap ahead, not just a standard march.