#1 WhenKittensATK

WhenKittensATK

Melting pot of friendship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8233 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

Developer: Periscope Games
Publisher: Offworld Industries (Makers of Squad)
Platform: PC

Engine: Unreal 4
Release Date: 2018
Genre: FPS

Steam Store - $30

Current Phase: Preorder Weekend Testing

Similar Games: Squad, Project Reality, Red Orchestra, and Insurgency. 

Post Scriptum is a WW2 simulation game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battle, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, communication and teamwork. Players will relive the events of ‘Operation Market Garden’ across the fields and towns of Holland.

‘The Bloody Seventh’ is our name for the initial focus of the project as we feel it succinctly details the struggle that the British paratroopers had to endure while waiting for their army counterpart to establish a link through the Lower Rhine.

In a 50 vs. 50 multiplayer setting, players will be given the option to fight with the British Airborne Division and its Polish brigade, British XXX Corps or several branches of the German Army, such as the Wehrmacht or the Waffen SS. It’s a rare opportunity to experience the intense battlefield that was the Battle of Arnhem, which stretched across farms, woods, villages and city areas. Each area is being accurately recreated from archival references that range from street level to aerial images. Whether you’re jumping out of a plane, resupplying friendlies or operating a tank you will find multiple reasons to drop back into the battlefield in this grand scaled representation of a WW2 setting never explored in a large multiplayer environment.

Features:

40 vs 40 (50 vs 50 being the main goal)

9 man infantry squads, 4 man logistics squad, 4 man armored squads

Assortment of transport vehicles (armored and unarmored) and tanks / tank destroyers

Base building and fortifications

A good VOIP system for local chat, squad, squad to squad, all squads, and commander

I have about 11 hours so far in the weekend test and I've been enjoying it. It plays very similar to Squad. The game isn't fully finished, so don't expect it to be like a AAA game. I believe the dev team is only like 8 people. I get anywhere from 30-70 FPS playing on low @ 1440p. If you're disappointed with all the recent WW2 games, give this one a try. I highly suggest getting a microphone. This is a very team oriented game.

Results from a 1-2 hour match. Matches are really long in this game. The match started with teammates trolling us and not letting people respawn in the mobile respawn for the first half of the map. Lost the majority of the objectives pretty quick. We managed to hold out at the very last objective. Took my squad to hunt down their mobile respawn truck. That made a huge difference.

Edited by WhenKittensATK, 28 May 2018 - 01:15 PM.

Gaming Rig || Intel i7 3770K || Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 || G.Skill 8GB || MSI GTX 1070 || Corsair TX750 V2 ||

Peripherals || ASUS PG279Q || Corsair Vengeance K90 || Logitech G700s || Blue Snowball ||

Audio Gear || Schiit Bitfrost 4490 || Schiit Lyr 2 || Sennheiser HD6XX || Monoprice 605500 ||

NAS || Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5 || Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F || Samsung 16 GB ECC RAM || SeaSonic X-Series 750W || 54 TB Raw Storage ||

#2 WhenKittensATK

WhenKittensATK

Melting pot of friendship

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8233 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Preorder Weekend Playtest #2

Friday June 8th @ 8PM GMT to Monday June 11th @ 8:00 AM GMT

https://steamcommuni...657415537992181

Gaming Rig || Intel i7 3770K || Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 || G.Skill 8GB || MSI GTX 1070 || Corsair TX750 V2 ||

Peripherals || ASUS PG279Q || Corsair Vengeance K90 || Logitech G700s || Blue Snowball ||

Audio Gear || Schiit Bitfrost 4490 || Schiit Lyr 2 || Sennheiser HD6XX || Monoprice 605500 ||

NAS || Intel Xeon E3-1275 v5 || Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F || Samsung 16 GB ECC RAM || SeaSonic X-Series 750W || 54 TB Raw Storage ||

#3 Gremlin

Gremlin

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

Looks nice

Gremlin_FLG.png